JohnMitchell

Weekend Numbers, and What Did You Do for Easter?

Okay, I'll lead off:

;):0:0

;)=Still married to Vskydiver

0: Shoulder still in rehab, not jumping.

0: So obviously can't owe beer for anything.

We had about a dozen people over for dinner; little kids, jumpers, friends and family. Lots of food, good wine, glitter for the dining table courtesy of LisaH, Easter egg hunt for the kids. Life is awesome.B|

How was your weekend and Easter?:)

swedish fish, dinner, then a cigar

oh, and launching potatoes, a frozen vegetable mix, apples, oranges and cucumbers a couple hundred feet outta my tater canon:)

\,,,/(-_^)\,,,/
"For once you have tasted flight,you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been,and will long to return"

0:1:0

The winds let up enough for a while Saturday I got up for one jump. No beer this weekend, but last weekend, when there was no numbers thread.......
.... first jump at Skydive San Marcos, TX
.....first jump at Skydive Temple (and it was my first try at a CRW jump). That was waaaaaaaay fun. Thanks, Walt and skydivermom for jumping with me and Wendy for the loan of a canopy. I am definitely going to try that again and hopefully I'll do better next time.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Annemarie organized three fun 20-ways.

Today we took a long-time Muff Sister on a shark jump.

Funny, I didn't know that "jumping the shark" is internet slang.

One of the guys said that he saw the shark inside a
business down the road. Inside a locked fence, right in
front of the door.

On Monday, you know someone will be trying to figure out why someone
jumped the fence and left an inflatable pool toy.
:D:D

?(still have a little time)
0 = Mother nature refuses to leave Nor-Cal alone
0 = No beer owed

I did however spends some time at a friends messing with their Wii, watching them kick the shit out of each other sword fighting was a riot. I think every marriage counselor needs a Wii with that game!!! >:(

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

Annemarie organized three fun 20-ways.

Today we took a long-time Muff Sister on a shark jump.

Funny, I didn't know that "jumping the shark" is internet slang.

One of the guys said that he saw the shark inside a
business down the road. Inside a locked fence, right in
front of the door.

On Monday, you know someone will be trying to figure out why someone
jumped the fence and left an inflatable pool toy.
:D:D

fact of the day: jumping the shark refers to the show "happy days" when fonzie (main character played by henry winkler) jumped over a shark when the screen writers ran out of stuff to write about. so it started to suck!
IHYD

no jumps, cypres is in for service.[:/]

visited at Nancys' sister and our brother-in-laws'.. as has been the plan for about 12 years now...
She is one of Nine kids,,who all have kids and grandkids of their own.. so it's a chance to see EVERYone, and catch up on how the little children are NOt so Little,, anymore..

Easter egg hunt for the kids.
Chocolate Bunny hunt for the grown ups ( all hidden somewhere in the large and wooded back yard.)

the annual 'egg toss' with 12 teams entered and winners get these cool Tee Shirts,,,
:D;)
and as is always the case... Chinese Food for Dinner, prepared by a fine "palace"
in town..
Can you say?? "50 Egg Rolls"???...
only downside???
many of the 1/2 pound chocolate bunnies Melted !!!:o:|:( after being in the warmth for a few hours, after they were hidden..
No harm done,, they all went into the freezer and were turned from "bunny soup",,,, back into Hardened Milk Chocolate..
Warm and sunny day,,,, great for so early in April...
jmy

2:4:0

visiting my 2 nephews 6months and 3 yrs oldB|B| it's a once a year thing for me as they live 4000kms away.

Did 4 jumps 3 Atmo and a 3 way freefly:)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The winds let up enough for a while Saturday I got up for one jump. No beer this weekend, but last weekend, when there was no numbers thread.......
.....first jump at Skydive Temple (and it was my first try at a CRW jump). That was waaaaaaaay fun. Thanks, Walt and skydivermom for jumping with me and Wendy for the loan of a canopy. I am definitely going to try that again and hopefully I'll do better next time.

If not mistaken, I count 3 cases of beer there!B|

:)
Only jump on Saturday was when the winds were iffy. Knew they were going to increase so I put my Pilot in my back up rig and got tossed around abit from 800 to 600 feet. Ended up heading toward the open area I call the corner to avoid any possible turbulence off hangars or trees and such. Decided that was it for me. Waited until the evening when the winds came down to about 12 but ended up giving my slot to a student for the last load.

Hung out in the hangar cheering for Butler to beat Michigan St and had a couple of beers.

Sunday was a bust due to winds.

I think this time last year I had something like 40 in the logbook for the year. So far I've put in 4 thanks to the weather. Pretty much the whole broken fibula time was weathered out. I bought the Cobalt, jumped it twice on the lines and then sent it to reline; jumped the new lines twice and that's it. My partner is waiting on his new rig and he's put 8 on my Cobalt which sucks for me.[:/]
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

0:6:0

Humps: :|

Jumps:

2 H&P canopy proximity flights
3 RW including Thad's SCR
1 H&P into an "alternate LZ". Landed out but that's OK, the cattle were friendly.

Beer:

I don't owe any but I know several who do…

The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Just two... Only one jump at each dz. I'll be bringing the beer next time I'm in Texas. Hopefully better weather so I can do more jumps.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Just two... Only one jump at each dz. I'll be bringing the beer next time I'm in Texas. Hopefully better weather so I can do more jumps.

First Crw jump too!B|