cocheese

Abbreviations I can't stand

Math

:D:D:D:D

Maths

That would be correct - well done:P

Well, maths would be an abbreviation for mathmaticses. (Is physics plural in the UK? Same with mechanics. I don't know ......... that's why I'm askin'.) :)

I don't really know... it's just something that we like to beat you Amerians up with from time to time .... just for sport really, when there's nothing worth watching on the Telly:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Math

:D:D:D:D

Maths

That would be correct - well done:P

Well, maths would be an abbreviation for mathmaticses. (Is physics plural in the UK? Same with mechanics. I don't know ......... that's why I'm askin'.) :)

I don't really know... it's just something that we like to beat you Amerians up with from time to time .... just for sport really, when there's nothing worth watching on the Telly:P

:D Yeah!......... I like to do the same thing with that anticlockwise/counterclockwise thing. .............same thing with kit/rig. (You folks use a kit that has been assembled. We jump rigs that have been......well............rigged. :)

"Headline News" went to "HLN" I guess they save ink because it certainly does not save any syllables.

The most egregious example of an abbreviation being more cumbersome when spoken than the words it represents is www. Three monosyllabic words that all start with the only polysyllabic letter in the English language.

Needless to say, I was an early adopter of this movement.

2 countries seperated by a common language .. You take the piss out of those you 'love' ..... mostly in jest.

BUT a Fanny is NEVER an Arse - you have to get that one right or you're really in the shit - so to speak.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome