Beverly

Nice suburbs to move to in California?

You definitely want to be near the Los Angeles area. More recording activity going on there than anywhere.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

First, SoCal is probably where you want to start. There is not just a live music scene, there are live music scenes.

The most well known is the Sunset Strip. For this the Weat Hollywood area and West LA, Miracle Mile work well. The problem is the balance of "nice" with "affordable."

The other thing is that there are different communities. I'd gig in North Hollywood - not much there. But plenty to do in Santa Monica and Brentwood.

But then you may want to dig the scene in Manhattan/Redondo/Hermosa Beach. Or go down to Long Beach - plenty of fun along Pine Street and Shoreline, as well as Second Street.

Then you've got Huntington Beach, Newport/Costa Mesa, Fullerton. Plenty of scenes around with guys looking to make it (West Hollywood/West LA) and other cats out there just having a good time and playing for the hell of it.

You may want to look into something like Long Beach because it's somewhat central to all of these scenes.

Note: I haven't been part of the scene since 2003. Things may have changed. I know the business sure has in that time.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

1000 oaks...B|

I agree! If I could afford it; I'd move there.

I have a ole airshow buddy that's lived there forever...he has a beautiful home on SIX ACRES!

I keep tellin' him I'm gonna put a motor-home in the back yard one of these dayz! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

same with any Beach town

O.B. is still 'reasonable' for a beach slum! ;)

I bought a motorcycle there about 7 months ago, they were living in teh standard one bedroom, (8 blocks off the beach) and were paying 2700.00 a month,(to rent) My House payment here in Elcajon is just under 1200.00 and has a yard and a garage!(and Pool)

BUT, I did hear the house on the corner rents for 2,000.00 a month, so compared to renting...No, I still wouldn't "live" in OB.... Unless the beach was in my back yard...

same with any Beach town

I bought a motorcycle there about 7 months ago, they were living in the standard one bedroom, (8 blocks off the beach) and were paying 2700.00 a month,(to rent) My House payment here in El Cajon is just under 1200.00 and has a yard and a garage!(and Pool)

BUT, I did hear the house on the corner rents for 2,000.00 a month, so compared to renting...No, I still wouldn't "live" in OB.... Unless the beach was in my back yard...

OUCH!

I have a good friend that just bought a 2bdrm condo overlooking the pond, you can throw a rock and hit water.
(few blocks south of the pier)

She paid 160,000 (+ or -) which means the payments are a bit over 1/2 the 2700 rent you saw...:S

In this economy there are some deals out there! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Not to mention , "Every Time" I have road my harley threw OB, I get stopped, then they see this,on my dash, (I am NOT a member, just friends with a few, but only members can give you this sticker, they wont sell them) The shit get rediculous! (they sell stickers that say support your local 81)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/chopperpuppy011.jpg

same with any Beach town

I bought a motorcycle there about 7 months ago, they were living in the standard one bedroom, (8 blocks off the beach) and were paying 2700.00 a month,(to rent) My House payment here in El Cajon is just under 1200.00 and has a yard and a garage!(and Pool)

OUCH!

I have a good friend that just bought a 2bdrm condo overlooking the pond, you can throw a rock and hit water.
(few blocks south of the pier)

She paid 160,000 (+ or -) which means the payments are a bit over 1/2 the 2700 rent you saw...:S

In this economy there are some deals out there! B|

Hi Jim,
"O.B.!!!!!!!!" Ya' got me thinkin!! Back when, like the 70's I lived there!! "A few blocks south of the pier!!" Try 4954 Del Mar Av. Like right on the edge man! 3 Br.s me and 2 other dudes were paying $300/mo.!! 2 Kool for school!! Not any more man!! 'Could see Pescadero from the front window!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out