Beverly

Nice suburbs to move to in California?

Yo Bill!

Hey, I got your package in the mail...THANKS! B|

O.B.~
Me and another ole time jumper shared a place on Brighton Ave., 'on the edge' 3-4 blocks north of the pier.

I use to tell people ya didn't REALLY live 'at the beach' unless ya could walk from your couch to the water on a hot day.....BAREFOOT! :D

If I remember right, Tom Sanders use to live there at one time too! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Yo Bill!

O.B.~
Me and another ole time jumper shared a place on Brighton Ave., 'on the edge' 3-4 blocks north of the pier.

I use to tell people ya didn't REALLY live 'at the beach' unless ya could walk from your couch to the water on a hot day.....BAREFOOT! :D

Hi Jim!!
Good stuff on the package.

Remember "BRIGHTON WAR ZONE" painted in the street a block up fron the beach!!
You know you live in OB when:
The cops ask you for your ID daily!
You are wearing your Levi Jacket and long jeans in July because of the fog bank even though it's 110* on the other side of the hill!!
You hear the sound of waves crashing on the cliff out your bedroom window.
The cops ask you for your ID daily!!
There's more sand in your livingroom than on the beach.
Did I say, the cops ask you for your ID daily??
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Yo Bill!

O.B.~

Hi Jim!!
Good stuff on the package.

Remember "BRIGHTON WAR ZONE" painted in the street a block up from the beach!!
You know you live in OB when:
The cops ask you for your ID daily!
You are wearing your Levi Jacket and long jeans in July because of the fog bank even though it's 110* on the other side of the hill!!
You hear the sound of waves crashing on the cliff out your bedroom window.
The cops ask you for your ID daily!!
There's more sand in your living-room than on the beach.
Did I say, the cops ask you for your ID daily??

When I first moved to OB the fog thing got me big time, I was in my winter Levis, hopped in my Jeep to head out to work which was in El Cajon...where it was 98 degrees!

Spent the whole day at work sweatin' like Brittney Spears at a spelling bee!

...I worked nights so I'd always be coming back to OB about the time the bars closed, there was almost always a drunk check right there at the end of hwy 8.

I got to kidding around with a female officer 3rd or 4th time she checked me for booze at the stop...we ended up dating for a few months and I never got hassled again! :$B|;)

Check out Camarillo, Ca. Close to quite a few smaller
venues as well. Lots of places for sale around here.
It would be worth a look.
Off topic here, I plan on getting tix to see Mick Taylor/David Knoefler (spelling ?) at the Canyon Club
I was thinking of getting 2 tickets and taking someone, include dinner (my treat) May 14 (friday)
If anyone is interested pm me! Just thought I'd add this here while I'm typing.
Gary Calhoun

I am wanting to get a yank opinion on nice places to stay (live) in California.
Needs to be close to a live music scene.

Fullerton's nice. Lots of live music in the bars and coffeehouses, and some good bands have come out of OC (No Doubt, Lit, Offspring, Rage Against the Machine, Social Distortion, Sugar Ray), and of course, the Fender guitar was created in Fullerton. Jeremy from Lit can be seen regularly at the SlideBar Cafe downtown.

If you want to be close to downtown LA for more indie music type concerts as well as the Hollywood Bowl, there's Silver Lake, Santa Monica, Westchester, Manhattan Beach, Culver City, Redondo Beach. La Mirada is a decent suburb and about in the middle between LA and Fullerton, drive-time wise.

Ocean Beach, CA. 92107 ;)

The last 'small town feeling, hippie beach town in Ca.'

When driving cross country, ya take rt.80...'till ya pick up rt.8 and follow it to the left end of the country, THAT's Ocean Beach! ;)

Sacramento is nice and affordable. Lots of live music, SF Bay Area is 90 miles away with lots more live music. Reno and Tahoe are a couple of hours away and there are a bunch of DZs within reasonable distance. I've lived down south and Norcal is way better in my opinion (but that's just me). Socal is okay if you don't mind smoggy air, horrible traffic, asshole drivers, plastic surgery freaks and inflated egos.

Joe
simplify