regulator

B.A.S.E. Jump through window in high rise building

Troy Hartman for an MTV show back in 2000 for an MTV show.

The canopy is a Fox which is made by Apex Base. the reason it looks big is because it is. You typically load a base canopy between .6 and .8
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Troy Hartman for an MTV show back in 2000 for an MTV show.

The canopy is a Fox which is made by Apex Base. the reason it looks big is because it is. You typically load a base canopy between .6 and .8

Senseless Acts of Video. A charge placed on the glass broke it before he went through.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

That stunt was originally done by Moe Viletto for the movie "Drop Zone" or "Terminal Velocity." Those films were both so forgettable I've forgotten which one it was and it was a bit different than Troy's jump as it was a direct bag instead of a freefall. (But owning to the times that's okay.)

It was supposed to be Don Swayze (Patrick Swazye's brother) doing the actual stunt for the movie shoot while Moe was providing the technical advice and rigging. But while they were gaffing it Don realized he wasn't experienced enough so he deferred and Moe made the jump.

Troy, a very cool un-redbullshit kind of guy, did a nice job on his version of the jump too. Not as cool as his streaking naked through the tennis courts or flying from Elsinore to Temucula in a one man helium balloon deal (where he had to shoot out the balloons to land) but cool nonetheless . . .

NickD :)

The late John Hoover did it too . . .

After crashing through a building window he was laying there in some guy's office looking up at pictures of the some guy's wife and kids, and wondering what the hell had just happened, when a gust of wind re-inflated his canopy still hanging out the window. It dragged him back outside and he thought, "Oh shit, it ain't over yet!" He crashed into the building three or four more time under a partially inflated canopy coming to rest on a ledge just above the first floor.

He gathered up his gear and jumped the 12-feet to the sidewalk as his ground crew drove by to pick him up. He did a reported $50,000 worth of damage to the building and they were still looking for him, and their 50G, when John was killed in an automobile accident a short time later . . .

That stunt was originally done by Moe Viletto for the movie "Drop Zone" or "Terminal Velocity." Those films were both so forgettable I've forgotten which one it was and it was a.

Friggin BLASPHEMER those two flick are bloody Masterpieces >:(>:(>:( I Love them BOTH and Cutaway:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

terminal velo was a charlie sheen flick. drop zone was the wesley snipes..... I know thats misspelled but . moe viletto doubled him in blackface for the stunt we are talking about here
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

terminal velo was a charlie sheen flick. drop zone was the wesley snipes..... I know thats misspelled but . moe viletto doubled him in blackface for the stunt we are talking about here

Another funny back story to that movie, I gues Tony demenico and Kate Cooper had a hand in selecting "stunt men" for Wesley, well seems one of the few black jumpers in the sport had used a stolen or bad credit card to buy gear from them,(Square One) ripping them off for several grand, the idiot tried out for the stunt job...BUSTED!B|

One would think that since we both have the first name he could cut me some slack.

Not really, it is a forum and people are asses ... :) me included.

I felt the same thing but didn't pay much mind to it. My question to you would be, why do you think it's big for BASE? <-- honest question, not cappin on you.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

had used a stolen or bad credit card to buy gear from them,(Square One) ripping them off for several grand, the idiot tried out for the stunt job...BUSTED!B|

:D now THATS karma at work right there.B|B|B|B|B|
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

I felt the same thing but didn't pay much mind to it. My question to you would be, why do you think it's big for BASE?

*raises hand* So more people see me when i open downtown in the daylight. The brighter and bigger the canopy the greater the glory.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Interesting answer there Andy :P

Correctly answered . . . Not for you Andy. A rough guide is body weight plus 100 to get the size. Say I weigh 150, plus 100 would be somewhere around a 250. I Chose 240. I think Troy was jumping about a 260.

Large is good. The ability to sink a canopy in in full brakes is seldom easy on something small.

My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto