Appartite --- no C-130 s were available
for civillian use in the US
HE PAID FOR IT ---DID HIS TIME
That is the story I heard
Was it wrong yes
and u have never made a bad decision

Stone
vancejstone

You can dislike that part of Roger that was on the wrong side of the law, and still have great respect for what he did after he got out of prison, using his tremendous talents productively to build his dream drop zone.

Heard in passing, something along the lines of a plausible rumor, that SDC was built with drug money.

Wonder if that is addressed? I suppose if it were true, even with the passage of time, it is something that could never be said.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

What do you mean by "something that could never be said"? People say it all the time- you just did.

Roger was larger than life in so many way - it really is difficult to separate the folklore from reality sometimes, and it was when he was alive too. I think he liked it that way.

I can tell you SDC was primarily built BY skydivers, many of them working for jumps instead of money. Roger was big on the barter system and he could always find people willing to trade labor or other goods/services for jumps.

"Built by drug money,",,? Are you that naive to think so ? So after the Feds let him out, you don't think they keep tabs on people for a bit ? HaH...Feds would have swooped right in after the DZ was built and proclaimed themselves the saviors of all provided that there was not a professional paper trail in place. Dont forget there is more to the Feds than agents with guns. They employ tons of compuer geeks and accountants,,,,so i would doubt it....
smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

[reply.......
I guess there's still some of that Kool-Aid left at SDC.

forget the Kool-Aid ... I hope the story of Roger, Carl, the botle of 'all natural, refreshing Orange juice' and the C47 that had to come over at 3K and dump everyone in 1 pass; is in the book...

I figured it was most appropriate, lol!! And I'd like to think I have a sense of humor :)

I remember the full page ad you and your brother did in Skydiving magazine when you were building the swoop pond. You had a map spread out on the hood of a truck and were telling Rook "Dad must have buried around here somewhere. We'll tell everyone we're making a new swoop pond.":D:D

Yes, Missy, you have a great sense of humor. I loved that one.:)