MissMelissa

A Book By Roger Nelson

I have nothing but respect for the man that built such an amazing DZ. Wish I could have met him.

Is that respect tempered any by the fact that he was an illegal drug runner and did felony prison time?

Seriously, dude you might wanna watch what you say around here. I didn't know the man, but there are plenty of people here who did that might take a lot of offense to that statement.

I *love* the critics -- they're great for publicity ;)

My dad was an amazing man. I had my differences with him for sure, in fact, we didn't always get along -- but in retrospect, he was my greatest teacher. I wish I could convey all the love he had for people in the sport. He poured all his energy into it and was a visionary.

I feel that this book gets to be yet another chapter in his amazing life. I'm so stoked he left us with this gift.

Blue Skies My Friends!!

Makes me smile to see you say things like that about your father. I've always regretted not meeting him in person, but having met you and your brother makes me think he was quite a vibrant individual!

Keep me posted on the book and see ya around!
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Look forward to reading the book. He used to pass on so many of his stories on weather days and I've always been interested to hear the rest. Hopefully the jailbreak story is in there.

Roger always took the negative attention better than anyone I've ever met. He was a great guy and it's amazing to see how much of an impact he had on others. Still miss him.

I have nothing but respect for the man that built such an amazing DZ. Wish I could have met him.

Is that respect tempered any by the fact that he was an illegal drug runner and did felony prison time?

Who cares if the man went to prison, i was in state prison too does that make me a bad person? We all make mistakes some we can clean up some we can not. I can beat you have dark secrets in your little closet. we all do.

Roger Nelson did more for this sport then 99% of the people in it, he treated every person with respect and was willing to help anyone.

You have no clue for the people lives he touched outside of this sport either so go sit behind your computer screen and point your finger you have done NOTHING for this sport but show your true colors.Tim

Seriously, dude you might wanna watch what you say around here...

I guess there's still some of that Kool-Aid left at SDC.

So, are you guys going to track down anyone who doesn't show the proper respect ? It amazes me how tight some folks can get make their blinders. Just because you're too young to know the facts doesn't mean they don't exist. I want to read the part about turning in friends to the Feds for decreased prison time.

Kevin Keenan

Well, one thing you can say about Roger is that it was almost impossible to meet him without forming a strong opinion, good or bad. Yes, he had a "past" that he freely acknowledged. He was a flawed individual, which he also would not deny. He was driven and determined and he pissed alot of people off. And he had charisma, that's for sure. :)
I'm looking forward to the book.