NWFlyer

If you won the lottery ...

hookers and blow.

You posted 5 minutes later. You've had this fantasy for quite a while. (Not that I don't) :)
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

I honestly hope to never win the lottery. It would bring nothing but misery and pain.

Money doesn't buy happiness, but it does let you shop in better places for it. ;)

Perhaps you see your life as perfect now and wouldn't want to change a thing. Awesome, think of the charities that could benefit from your philanthropy. Or maybe you have a darker vision, like Steinbeck's "The Pearl" or "Winter of Our Discontent", where wealth leads to corruption. I say there are choices to be made, some good, some bad.

You can't go wrong with hooookers and blow.;)

Money doesn't buy happiness, but it does let you shop in better places for it.

I'll pass, been there, done that and have the scars to prove it.

I live my relatively simple life as opposed to winning the lottery and having every long lost cousin begging for money for their sick son. Or siblings not being happy with the amount given, or parents who demand more. Nothing would be good enough, more would always be demanded. Greed is part of the human makeup and it hardly ever turns out to be positive.

If I won $50,000,000, I would take the annuity payout. 29 or 30 years, take about 40% in taxes, and that leaves about $1000,000 AFTER taxes. I could make ends meet on that. Set up some kind of income for my wifes kids and hope they are smart enough to prepare for the time when they have outlived the annuity. I know how I would set that up. A nice house on a big piece of land. I know how I would build that.

I think some lottery got up to 300 million one time. With my plan, that would be 6 million a year. AFTER taxes. A wind tunnel big enough for a straight 8 way cat might be a bit much but a big wind tunnel for sure. Reciculating like the Paraclete tunnel, next to the runway, in Florida, close to either the beach or the St. John's River.

OR, there's a nice piece of land just north of DeLand between Lake Diaz and another like to the north. That would make a great Boy Scout, Girl Scout, Music, Summer Camp and athletic facility. Some thing to get kids off their ass and out doors. I know how I would want that.

Not that I've given it a lot of thought, you understand. :)

Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

1. Mortgage and all debt paid.
2. Brothers and Parents debts paid.
3. Vacation for family and friends, somewhere warm.
4. Set up long term investments
5. Buy my first Rig (planning on winning soon lol)
6. Jump in every state, then in some other countries
7. Go back to work after my month off.
8. Make a trip and a few jumps at Burning Man
9. Try not to fuck it up so there will be a 10+yr return!!
Travis Roy Foundation. At very least its a tax write off

1. Pay taxes

2. Long term investments and off-shore banks

3. Pay off all my Facebook friend's bills. The ones that declined my requests would just have to beg and beg and beg and beg.

4. Dethrone SkyGod

5. Find a trophy wife and have a trophy family.

6. Pay off Sangiro to forgive me.

7. Spread peace and love.

8. Retire

9. Have fun
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

It's a damn shame you don't have the option to remain anonymous or secret if you win a lottery and go to claim it.

I would love that option, because I wouldn't live the kind of life where you blow wads of money on just anything, and nobody would really notice. :|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

1.. Rent out Suppenkuche for an evening and treat my closest friends.
2. Put myself and GF through school
3. Buy a sensibly priced house
4. Knee surgery for my dog
5. Hire my step-mother as a financial advisor for the rest.

If possible to do while remaining fiscally responsible:
1. Jump my ass off for a month straight
2. Incubate my own company of some sort, likely a toy company/special effects house
3. Finance/produce/write/direct a film or two
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

Ahh, the voice of experience.

Not the experience of wining the lottery. But certainly experience in first hand seeing the utter destruction money can bring to a family.

It's nopt the money that causes that, it's the arseholes in the family.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

resetting the clock on mortgage payments since it is a tax advantage.

Thats some funny shit there!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:B|:S

Laugh all you want, but leveraging money in order to invest more of it and deducting interest payments is a tax a advantage over simply investing the money you have. Dont believe me? Do a cash flow analysis.
Remster

If I won the lottery I'd offer to give it all to various charities if they'd pay out the full amount as a non taxed lump sum.

It'd be fun to watch the lottery commission squirm... :ph34r:

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

If I won the lottery I'd offer to give it all to various charities if they'd pay out the full amount as a non taxed lump sum.

The lottery commission really doesn't care one way or the other. As far as they're concerned they could either pay you and let you be responsible for the taxes or they could pay you your share and forward Caesar's the government's share to the IRS as "withholding". I believe they are required to withhold taxes by the IRS. Taking the lump sum or taking payments over 20 years would be the winner's choice. Taxes will be withheld either way. If you decide to take the lump sum payment you will not get the full amount because they do not have the full amount. The advertised value of the lottery jackpot is paid out as an annuity and is funded by investing some of the "take" in bonds, etc. Also, after the initial withholding is taken out the gov't probably will be back for more later.

The lottery commission really doesn't care one way or the other. As far as they're concerned they could either pay you and let you be responsible for the taxes or they could pay you your share and forward Caesar's the government's share to the IRS as "withholding". I believe they are required to withhold taxes by the IRS. Taking the lump sum or taking payments over 20 years would be the winner's choice. Taxes will be withheld either way. If you decide to take the lump sum payment you will not get the full amount because they do not have the full amount. The advertised value of the lottery jackpot is paid out as an annuity and is funded by investing some of the "take" in bonds, etc. Also, after the initial withholding is taken out the gov't probably will be back for more later.

I know they couldn't/wouldn't do it, but just imagine the publicity a gesture like that would generate. :)
Of course it could backfire if people volunteered to match it. :D:D:D:D
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I would give my house to a huge Mexican family that loves stock cars, and I would buy them a couple of cars to play with loudly in the middle of the night.
I would buy a dz in the midwest somewhere, and add a nice bunkhouse to it, also it would have a swimming pool and putt putt golf for non jumping family members. There would be pool tables and a bar, dart games and live bands every weekend. I would hire the Airboss from the WFFC to pick out a cool plane and retro it to be the coolest most desirable jumpplane ever. Then I would hire the TallSlut from the WFFC to drive a huge motorhome from dz to dz for me to live in. French Patrick would be taking pics of all of the fun we were having non stop.
3 weeks a month we would all be on the road hosting impromptu parties at various dz's and hauling anybody who wanted to go with us from dz to dz, and one week a month we would be at our own dz where the party would still be in full swing from the last time we were home.
NO I have thought about it much....
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

I know they couldn't/wouldn't do it, but just imagine the publicity a gesture like that would generate. :)
Of course it could backfire if people volunteered to match it. :D:D:D:D

Even if the IRS wanted to pull such a stunt for "publicity" purposes, congress would not allow it. They would be denied the chance to be seen "bringing home the bacon" to their "constitchents"....Senator Phogbound style. Magnanimously doling out your money on such a large scale is their job.....not yours.

Unless someone buys me a ticket, I know I wont win! lol

That being said: get a house in South East France, and live the life.

MOTORHOME not a big one just big enough.
then i can live in the Sth of France, or italy or Norway ot Greece ot Turkey any damned where i want to:)
That's why i would have two motorhomes onei in Europe one in the USofA I'd go from Dz to DZ and MotoGP to MotoGp:)
My Life Rocks now, but it would BOULDER with a lotto win:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

resetting the clock on mortgage payments since it is a tax advantage.

Thats some funny shit there!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:B|:S

Laugh all you want, but leveraging money in order to invest more of it and deducting interest payments is a tax a advantage over simply investing the money you have. Dont believe me? Do a cash flow analysis.

I have. You look at however you want but it is not a great idea! If its such a great idea then why dont you
leverage everything you own and invest it? How about you borrow a million. No? Math alone can not be the deciding factor......Risk is always forgotten! It is not a tax advantage after you consider the tax and capital gains on profits + the risk involved.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!