palejo

somebody out there jumping a rage form FCI.

I have been jumping a rage 130 and Riot 107 lately.

The rage was reveiwed by myeslf last summer. You can find it in the gear reviews I believe.

The canopy flies solid and performs extremely well. It opens slow but controlled, due to its nose design with the one piece top and bottom skin per cell.

This canopy is in the high perfomance catagory, so please if you have low numbers of hi-perf experience get coaching and take the FCI and PD advice, open high and learn the canopy before you add it to your vRW and RW jumps.

Land strait in and learn its plane and flare points before you start adding speed generating manuevers to your landings.

You'll have fun, I know I have.;)
Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

We've got a Riot-87 right now. It's a crossbraced nine-cell. Some people say it's a 45 cell. The braces don't connect to the top of the rib, rather half-way between the center of the cell and the rib. Seems like a pretty nice canopy, but I've only put 7 jumps on it.

d

This canopy is in the high perfomance catagory, so please if you have low numbers of hi-perf experience get coaching and take the FCI and PD advice, open high and learn the canopy before you add it to your vRW and RW jumps.

Land strait in and learn its plane and flare points before you start adding speed generating manuevers to your landings.

You'll have fun, I know I have.;)
Matt

How will the approching speed be comparing it to a Diablo 170 (if you have the experience with the Diablo to compare them.)??
Alejandro
B27585

I have never jumped the Diablo series parachute to compare them.

The PD canopies is where I have prior Hi-perf experience.

The only privious cross brace was an FX many moons ago.

Maybe the Rage could compare to air locked canopies do to its small nose openning. But some one who has that type of canopy experience would have to do that camparison.

I have never been upset with any of FCi's products (nor any other current maker too) and would gladly recommend their products to potential buyers.

No, I am not sponsored by them, but, hey maybe if I keep this up....;)

Matt

The design is'nt close to that of an Airlocked canopy with the nose shaping. I'm yet to jump arage but close inspection of one last year reminded me a lot of the Firebolt from Jumpshack. I've only got 2 jumps on that canopy so I'm not going to tell you how they compare.

Diablo's are'nt currently still made but they are a fast turning, short revoery arc canopy that really does'nt swoop all that great. They have a fairly crappy glide ratio too. I used to go flying past a Diablo 120 at the DZ all the time as he was sinking out.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I only jumped an airlock once so I can't compare them.

The recovery arch of the rage (for me) was fairly long but like the 2 PD's I jump the arch could be adjusted with the brakes by using a little pop on them.

But it does handle pretty damn good in my opinion.

Matt