PLFXpert

"Nice Shot!" or "You Shanked it, Dude."--I'll Take Things A Man Can Talk About for Six Hours, Alex.

So, Bill comes home after a round of golf, followed by eats and drinks, with old high-school friends he has not seen in a long time.

He texts me a couple photos and when he gets home, asks if I received them. I had not checked so we looked at them together...

I ask who everyone is and he has no idea what they do for a living, whereabouts they live, or anything other than he scored second-highest next to Keith and he is very happy about how well he played.

What the hell did you guys talk about for six hours, Bill?

"The game."

Now, I am not much into many of the girl conversations I suffer through at get togethers when the boys separate from the girls, but...really?...you do not know what anyone does for a living or where they reside now? Seriously, you talked about the game for six hours? Wait, you are pretty sure Keith mentioned he is retiring from the Air Force after 20 years. Thanks for that morsel of information, hunny.

It never ceases to amaze me.

:D
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

My old roommate was a great golfer.

My skydiving friends were over and we were discussing
the days jumping. We spent a lot of time going over
the minute details of exits, re-watching videos, etc.
Never bored for a minute.

He mentioned that it was the same when his golf buddies
were over. He could remember every stroke that he
played that afternoon and could discuss each one.
If you hit a 75 and spend one minute on each stroke,
that is 75 minutes for just you. (Not including the other 3 players and presuming that you don't go over
the 1-minute per stroke limit and do not diverge from
the topic...)

That is what would happen. 3 hours in the clubhouse
after the game. Dinner, a few beers, golf talk.

You're right it's a man thing .... When I get back from visiting friends, my wife asks how their wives/kids/dogs are .... Nope I have no idea... it NEVER comes up in conversation, why would it?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Ok, Ok...so just what is it you do for a living?

Oh wait...hold that thought....

Hey Bill! Did you see that exit on load 4? What a great funnel, eh?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Bill sounds perfectly normal. I'd consider myself doing well if I could tell you their names rather than simply identifying them by cool or stupid things they did when we were kids.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I'd consider myself doing well if I could tell you their names

It's funny, because I would ask "Who is that?" and he would give a name. I am all "No, I mean, who is he?"

Who is he?

That's Dave Todak.

No, I mean who is he?

Um. I want to say Dave, but that's not right, is it?

is a bit how it went.

I would ask "Who is that?" and he would give a name. I am all "No, I mean, who is he?"

Who is he?

Craig

No, I mean who is he?

I told you, it's Craig. His second shot on the 7th today damn near hit a cart driving up the 8th fairway. See the bald guy over there? That's Tim. One time Tim's mom busted us all shotgunning beers in their basement and Craig puked on her tits. That enough of a biography for you?!

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

See, if you asked me, it would go:

Who is that?

That's Holly. We went to UF together. She is an event planner and her husband, Ted, is an engineer at Lockheed Martin. They live in Virgina Beach and have invited us to come stay with them, and I totally think we should because he is into extreme sports and I know you two would get along and I miss Holly; it would be another fun adventure and they do not have kids, either, so it is perfect!

:):P

See, if you asked me, it would go:

Who is that?

That's Holly. We went to UF together. She is an event planner and her husband, Ted, is an engineer at Lockheed Martin. They live in Virgina Beach and have invited us to come stay with them, and I totally think we should because he is into extreme sports and I know you two would get along and I miss Holly; it would be another fun adventure and they do not have kids, either, so it is perfect!

:):P

Too many words.
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Now, I am not much into many of the girl conversations I suffer through at get togethers when the boys separate from the girls, but...really?...you do not know what anyone does for a living or where they reside now? Seriously, you talked about the game for six hours? Wait, you are pretty sure Keith mentioned he is retiring from the Air Force after 20 years. Thanks for that morsel of information, hunny.

Because this is what happens when guys talk about things OTHER than the game . . .

it NEVER comes up in conversation, why would it?

That is what is so funny to me, I do not see how it would not at some point.

I don't know but let's hazard a guess ..... Maybe because, it's BORING:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome