rhys

Returning products you've used (was "Lodi" in Events)

I am thinking about going over too lodi for 2 weeks from England, could someone tell me whereis the nearest Airport from lodi? Also what is the best time in the year to go? Another thing I don't have a drivers licence only a motorbike Licence, so is it possible to live on the dropzone for 2 weeks?

Cheers
Richard

Just go there, if you want to camp out it is free.

Fly into San Francisco, go to walmart, buy a big tent, an air mattress with electric pump, 2 duvets, one for under the sheet and one for above (it gets cold at night) stay there and return the stuff to wallmart when you have finished for a full refund, no questions asked! (If you are morally opposed to returning the stuff after you use it, buy from an independant camping store) walmart don't need you money!)

camping is free, and the money you would spend on accomodation will pay for all of your jumps, you could do about 70-80 jumps in 2 weeks if you stay there and get on all the loads you can.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

... stay there and return the stuff to wallmart when you have finished for a full refund, no questions asked!

I can't believe you said that. Is that how you live your life?
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

have done before, companies like walmart make untold millions from paying little and having such policies.

It is well within the rules, if you don't want it get a refund.

I took my tent back and air mattress, only a month later, wen't to the service desk, said i don't want these anymore, gave them the reciept, and they gave me my money back.

The only reason they can have these policies is because most people are too proud to take advantage of them.

That is why they sell crap that lasts only months that has a year warrantee.

Fuck em!

I just (5 minutes ago) spent $1500 at chuting star and para gear getting varous things, no worries, those people deserve my cash, wall mart does not!

I didn't rip them off, I took advantage of thier policies!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

have done before, companies like walmart make untold millions from paying little and having such policies.

It is well within the rules, if you don't want it get a refund.

I took my tent back and air mattress, only a month later, wen't to the service desk, said i don't want these anymore, gave them the reciept, and they gave me my money back.

The only reason they can have these policies is because most people are too proud to take advantage of them.

That is why they sell crap that lasts only months that has a year warrantee.

Fuck em!

I just (5 minutes ago) spent $1500 at chuting star and para gear getting varous things, no worries, those people deserve my cash, wall mart does not!

I didn't rip them off, I took advantage of thier policies!

More to you for having the balls to do it, I think I would have to be really pissed off with for me to do it, by the way thanks everyone for the advise.

You do realize that unsuspecting people will buy your used merchandise since Wal Mart won't damage it out? At least tell the returns clerk that it was defective/damaged when purchased so the general public won't have to buy even crappier quality products.

I disagree, if the product is clearly used, then one would have to be silly to buy it as new. If it is in new condition and the packaging is still 100% in tact, then what is the difference? If the new owner is none the wiser, then there is no loss for anyone. If there is damage, or they are not happy with it, then they can return it.

Unfortunately most of the stuff that should be returned to the maufacturers ends up in the landfill because people are too lazy, apathetic or shy to return them.

That is more of a shame and is why we are sold crap more often than not!

I knew you were classy, but wasnt aware you had that much class....Crazy

;)

All class bro, all class. One thing i'm not; is under the thumb.
You can get walked over or you can call the shots.

no line was crossed and I scored, and so can you. If everybody did it, they wouldn't be able to sell such crap and we wouldn't have to buy it as often.

Get a backbone people!

More to you for having the balls to do it, I think I would have to be really pissed off with for me to do it, by the way thanks everyone for the advise.

Whatever you do, you will be able to do more jumps in Lodi than anywhere else, in a short time and at such a reasonable price.

For 'dutchies' like me;), there is free candy, free peanuts in the shell, $0.50 sodas, $0.50 water, free rubberbands, and $0.50 snacks...

It s utopia when the planes are running and not much at all when they stop. Have a plan to do stuff when the DZ closes for the day (about 3pm except saturdays), unless you are content sitting there all night drinking beer. There is free wireless in the bunkhouse so you can do internet stuff too if you bring your laptop. But not much else at all without some sort of transport.

I recommend the Italian resturaunt in Galt next to the Mongolian place (which is not bad itself)!;)

Another thing I don't have a drivers licence only a motorbike Licence, so is it possible to live on the dropzone for 2 weeks?

I did for a month, with no car. there is a couple os small returaunt in a short walking distance, so you can eat drink and sleep.

I highly recommend the camping scenario as the bunk house is quite 'crubbed' to say the least! There may or may not be a room for you to use as it changes daily and bill will not usually reserve one for you. there is basic cooking stuff there but you will probaly have to clean it all first!!!

just use the money you save on jump tickets and accomodation on eating out, there will be people there going to Lodi and galt for dinner most nights so if you are any sort of good person you will have no trouble at all living comofrtably.

You might just go insane at night if you get bored easily though.

no line was crossed and I scored, and so can you. If everybody did it, they wouldn't be able to sell such crap and we wouldn't have to buy it as often.

Get a backbone people!

I have a backbone. I also have at least some character and responsibility to society. Your actions are at best disturbing. Taking advantage of a policy in this way is one of the reasons we have problems in the country with costs.

At least I know how you feel and think. I have been warned. I thank you for that. :|

I agree, you have class, it is just where that level of class is measured. [:/]

Sad...

I have a backbone. I also have at least some character and responsibility to society. Your actions are at best disturbing. Taking advantage of a policy in this way is one of the reasons we have problems in the country with costs.

At least I know how you feel and think. I have been warned. I thank you for that. Unimpressed

I agree, you have class, it is just where that level of class is measured. Unsure

Sad...

Can you explain what it is that you believe is wrong with what I did?

If you want to talk about reponsabiltiy to society and what is right and wrong, how about we step into the speakers corner then I can gove you some reasonable comparisons. This thread is about staying in Lodi and I would like for the sake of people that may stay there to keep it on track.

Start a thread in the appropriate palce or let me know if you want me to, I am sure i can give you a lesson or 3 on carechter and responsabily to society, you will likely not agree with me but you will surely learn a thing or two.

ooh I just realised we have been kicked out into the bonfire, If anybody wishes to debate with me about the morals of taking advantage of greedy corporations, we will be bounced into the speakers corner in no time!

any takers?B|

start by researching these pages, to get where my angle is coming from.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Q3x&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&ei=s-neS8uSE4ugkQXO3-HLBw&sa=X&oi=spellfullpage&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=2&ved=0CAYQvwUoAQ&q=walmart+underpaid+staff!&spell=1

I think his point is what's "right" and what's allowed are not always the same.

We all have different standards. Mine is "if this were done to me, how would I feel?" and base my actions on that.

Of course, one could argue that they shouldn't have such a policy to begin with that can be abused such as this, which I also agree with.

In general, if processes, systems, etc. are being abused, the onus is on both the abused and the abuser to change things to mitigate future occurrences.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

If I intentially broke an item to have it exchanged I would be abusing the system, if I return a product I no longer desire, and they refund me my money in that basis, I am using the system not abousing it.

Based on the policies they implemented themselves in order to convice people to purchase sub standard products, I was simply 'using' the system, not abusing it.

read the pages in the link above to see how walmart feel about 'using the system'.

Then come back to me!

If I intentially broke an item to have it exchanged I would be abusing the system, if I return a product I no longer desire, and they refund me my money in that basis, I am using the system not abousing it.

Based on the policies they implemented themselves in order to convice people to purchase sub standard products, I was simply 'using' the system, not abusing it.

read the pages in the link above to see how walmart feel about 'using the system'.

Then come back to me!

Semantics.

You've just defined your definition of "right" differently than others might and have used their treatment of others as a basis for your decision.

Do you do the same with other companies you buy from?

If you had your own store, how would you feel if someone did what you were doing?
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Just so you are aware...don't plan on ALWAYS getting your money back when you do this.

Wal-Mart didn't get to get in position they are in, with the market share they have by being scammed, they do have a tool in place that tracks such returns and they have a 'limit' equation of sorts that keeps a running tab.

It's why you have to show proper ID as well as the receipt when you bring something back.

One of our neighbors is the general manager at the local Wally and was telling about all the people that 'buy' clothing, wear it for a while and then return it for new stuff, in theory you can have a new wardrobe every week of the year all for the price of one set of clothes....'in theory'.

He said it was FUNNY how people would react when told they could no longer return merchandise..."I'll never shop here again!"

Which was the hoped for reaction anyway!

YOU see it as using a system of customer service to your advantage, others may think of it as a theft of sorts...probably something in the middle is more accurate.

Either way you're not the first to do it, and like most 'free rides' it doesn't last forever...and in reality, someone else is picking up your tab in increased costs.

You can I'm sure, circumvent their tracking of your abuse of the policy by having a like minded friend buy your stuff and return it for you if & when you reach your limit...I'm sure you know people that would 'help' you, birds of a feather and all...;)

Have fun!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

haha, you seppos have a fucked impression of what is right and wrong.

You'll persecute the little guy and hang the big guy on a hight horse, I have to go to work now but i will discuss this with you self proclaimed angels after then.

I suppose it is fucking asholes like me that have destroyed your economy too huh?

Idiotic people!

Think about it a little more and do some research fools!

to buy, with the intent of returning,(weeks later) is nothing short of stealing!

as a former street person, I understand the mentality..but now as an adult,home own, retired business owner, I can only see the theft...they product is unsellable after return, and has to go back to thge factory for a refund, who in turn, raises the price for everyone..

So thanks for jacking up the bottom line!

It has everything to do with your intentions. I'm glad that you outted yourself here so those who come into contact with you will know where your priorities lie and that you should not be trusted at your word.

You obviously feel that you're more important than others and deserve special treatment. I believe it's called narcissistic personality disorder. You should google that.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

you seppos have a fucked impression of what is right and wrong

No one is hanging Wally World on any high horse. But do you really think that they eat the costs of returns? Or maybe, just maybe, do you think that those costs are passed on to the consumers (i.e. people why buy stuff). Now you might still think it's OK because it's not very much, or because people who shop at Wally World deserve it, or because Americans in general deserve it.

Right is right and wrong is wrong, no matter who you're dealing with*. It comes from inside, not outside. If you don't want to benefit someone, then don't deal with them in the first place (as you said, buy from a small local camping store).

Wendy P.

* sometimes people have differing opinions of what's right and wrong -- that's different. But if you wouldn't do it to your friend because it's tacky, you shouldn't do it to someone else either
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

haha, you seppos have a fucked impression of what is right and wrong.

You'll persecute the little guy and hang the big guy on a hight horse,!

Hey dude, so do we. But not only do was shaft the little guy if the little guy ever get sucessful we'll shaft him too. Yank tend to applaud success both individually and collectively. We (OZ and NZ) Bag the shit out of it.
It is US not the USofA that suffer from "Tall Poppy Syndrome" it's almost uniquely reserved for New Zealand and Australia.

A little thing about Glass Houses and Stones come to mind.:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

It has everything to do with your intentions. I'm glad that you outted yourself here so those who come into contact with you will know where your priorities lie and that you should not be trusted at your word.

You obviously feel that you're more important than others and deserve special treatment. I believe it's called narcissistic personality disorder. You should google that.

Saved me the time! Thanks.
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

Hey dipshit. No one here has been slamming your country or your "people". Where the fuck do you get off? You came over here, abused the system, gained from it illegally, and it wasn't good enough for you?

Get fucked.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Hey.. As long as you are only stealing from the Rich guys.. Its all good, Huh?:S

Yes, Walmart is a Crappy, Greedy Corporation that abuses Eminent Domain more than anyone else But in my opinion, Stealing from them actually puts you right on the same level if not a good bit lower.

Just because it is technically legal and within the rules does not make it right. (just like Walmarts Eminent Domain abuses are technically legal but very WRONG).

Hold yourself to a higher standard. Honor and Integrity are much more important than the few bucks you manage to get away with.