davjohns

Makeup - Women Only

I hope it is obvious that I am talking about makeup worn by a woman.

I'll post an identical poll for guys.

It just crossed my mind today that a couple of women I have known would throw up 'lack of makeup' as a reason for not going somewhere. I am curious where the line is drawn for most.

Feel free to comment if I missed the mark on the poll options.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

LOL! Actually, I think this is a poor sample group. I expect most of the women in this venue will agree with you. However, I have known the other sort.

The reason I was thinking about it is that I have decided the other sort are not the sort I ever want to date again. :)
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Makeup? What's makeup?

I wake up the same way I spent the day and went to bed. With none. :)
(Ok; I'll confess to a little mascara because I have light eyelashes.)

Never got into the warpaint thing.

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

When I was younger i could careless about wearing makeup. Now that I am older i wear it daily and probably wouldn't go out and about without it but...I do not try to look like I have a ton of make up on and it takes me about 10 minutes if that to do hair and makeup everyday.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I literally own NO makeup. And no...I don't have a "I am so hot I don't need it" attitude....I am just too lazy to put it on- not to mention I have no idea how to! haha
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

I literally own NO makeup. And no...I don't have a "I am so hot I don't need it" attitude....I am just too lazy to put it on- not to mention I have no idea how to! haha

I need all the help I can get. :D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

Oh...Im sure I could use some help! But I'm just sooooo lazy about that. I'm proud that I even own a hair dryer. :) I can honestly and pathetically admit- I have no idea how to use a curling iron.
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

i grew up in the big hair era so I do know how to use one. I dont own one now but I do own a hair dryer i never use...:D

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

Make-up is mandatory. I have bad, dark circles under my eyes from allergies that make me look like I'm ill if I don't conver them up. In fact, one day when I ran to the store while I wasn't wearing make-up, the bagger told me that he hopes I start feeling better. I felt fine!

I'm almost 45, at my age a women needs all the help she can get. :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I hope it is obvious that I am talking about makeup worn by a woman.

I'll post an identical poll for guys.

It just crossed my mind today that a couple of women I have known would throw up 'lack of makeup' as a reason for not going somewhere. I am curious where the line is drawn for most.

Feel free to comment if I missed the mark on the poll options.

I couldn't vote because I don't think it is ever mandatory. I am at work in a nice dress and no make up. But if I want to look a little extra nice I will put it on. I think I look better with a little mascara and eye liner but that is about as far as I go. I am fortunate to have nice skin so I don't wear any foundation... just a little extra eye enhancement.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

At 45, I feel the need for makeup.

I work from home for my "9 to 5". Never wear it - even if I'm running to the store or to grab some lunch.

I tend bar for a part time job. I wear it because the lighting is atrocious and I feel better with some on.

If I am going out socializing I wear makeup. Don't own foundation but I love my mascara and lip stuff.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

I will wear it occasionally if I am going out somewhere special or feel like dressing up. That happens maybe twice a year.

I am all about low maintenance.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Not a makeup person at all. I wore mascara to a Christmas party and my boyfriend made the comment of .... "wow....you put a lot of makeup on". It's just not my thing....I don't feel like my skin can breath with it on.

My bestest friend in the whole entire world....She wouldn't step outside to pick up the mail without her makeup on.

I just never got into wearing it with any regularity. The only makeup I own right now is some fingernail polish and chapstick.

Personally, I think I have pretty good skin, and that's at least partly because I've never worn foundation except when going onto a stage in a play in high school or college. And those were a long, long, time ago.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

A well applied, subtle make up can do wonders.
That being said there isn't enough time in the world for me to put make up on every time I leave the house. I leave that for date nights with hubby or other events. Clean, well maintained skin should do it.

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

I think that makeup, like so many other things is good within balance. Not everyone that wears makeup looks like they are wearing "war paint"... as a matter of fact I have found that a lot of girls that I thought didn't wear makeup actually do wear a little, for things like light eyelashes or slight blemishes.

I also don't think that it is ever really mandatory.

I work in a professional office environment and I wear it daily, it just feels appropriate. Now I don't wear it to the dz, or on a run, or to play softball...

It's all about balance!

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

>I wear it because . . .I feel better with some on.

This is really the only reason that matters. If it makes you feel better, then by all means, do it. "I have to look like X", "people will think I'm ugly" or "it's what's expected of me" are terrible reasons IMO. Your skin is just a cover, and makeup is another cover on top of that; neither changes what's important about someone.

Side note - Amy did the Vegas demo and they had a makeup artist doing all their faces. When Amy got in there, the woman asked her "you never wear makeup, do you?" She said "not really, no." Woman said "I can tell; your skin is perfect."

Makeup? What's makeup?

It's a kind of sex you have after a fight.

I wake up the same way I spent the day and went to bed. With none. :)

You really need to piss a dude off and then invite him into the bed for a litte of the Makeup. Then you will wake up with some.;)

It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama