skydivercowboy

First Skydiving nightmare!

i just had a dream in which my rig went for a ride on it's own - seems, i'm not taking it out as much as i should! :D

good thing tough, the rig seems to have an onboard-camera; so i kinda knew where it went down and collected it.. B|

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

This might interesst you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

Howto: http://www.wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream

During lucid dreams you are more or less aware that you are dreaming, but you can control the dream and decide what you want to dream about :P:P

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/4000meter
Youtube Favorites: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjnVsp4Epra-PRDETgrF3M04B3X86X1eh

in my skydiving dreams I'd always end up hitting the ground, then getting up, and looking around all embarrassed like "shit.... I hope nobody saw that?"

Just like mine, except I'd be really angry after crashing in.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I started having skydiving nightmares not long after I started watching Wiley E Coyote and the roadrunner cartoons as a kid. Kept dreaming I was the coyote. [:/]:D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

so i made my cat D2 this saturday. it was my 8th jump... (and no i havent failed any jumps i had to do a recurrency and i did 2 tandems.) but anyways that dream i had was really f*cked with me when i was getting ready to go up cuz all i could do is remember that damn dream! and we got to altitude and my instructor said "you ready to skydive?" i said no... so she asked me again, and i said yeah lets roll. even though i was still worrying about the dream. i got out on the stabilizer and step and said "FUCK THIS SHIT! IM GOING TO KICK SOME ASS!!! ITS JUST A DREAM!!!" and there i went! in short the skydive went awesome! and i landed 3 feet from the pea's and stood it up.... but is it normal for someone that had their first skydive nightmare thats a beginner to mess with their head that much their next jump?
love that rush!

I would say that Malfunction dreams are pretty common. Now here was mine.

Before I ever wanted to skydive I was working a Military Free Fall Course in Arizona.

(little quick history - We commonly go out and get pretty shitfaced every night out there. So I got a little too drunk and since we had extra people to drive the bus I decided to take my turn sleeping off a hang-over in the truck while my buddy did two jobs driving and picking up my slack).

So I knew I was going to get my first Tandem that day at the end of the day or when ever the guy had time.

Anyone who has jumped MFF knows that the Canopies we use are huge - 370 - 390.

The window of the truck was rolled down and all of a sudden I went into that Tandem Skydiving Dream. Don't ask me how a brain could process what happened next so quickly. One of the students had an Extreme hard opening. This shit was so loud it sounded like a jet breaking the sound barrier. At that same time in my dream, the TI and Myself had just Terminal'd right into the ground and BOOM!!! I wake up.

Well Hell, I jumped outta the truck, Ran to a Polaris and started chasing down this spiraling Canopy to retrieve it.

Later that day at 15,000ft the ramp of the Skyvan opened, the fun jumpers went and there we were, The Cameraman, Myself and the TI. "Are you ready to Skydive?" "Fuck it! Let's go."
If you do things that don't make you appreciate life than why do them

My strange dream was several years ago: A bunch of people were flying to another DZ. The plane was an "Otter" but the inside was like somebody's living room. We were all walking around & socializing as if at a party. Nobody was wearing a rig.

As we approached the DZ someone opened the door & spotted, then a four-way group climbed out to float. I heard the count and ran toward the door to stop them but got there in time to watch them drop away. Seconds after exit they realized what they had done and their faces reflected shock & horror. Smooth exit, though.

Cheers,
Jon S.