skydivercowboy

First Skydiving nightmare!

ok. so 3 nights ago i had a bad skydiving nightmare! so i climbed out, and jumped then i got to 4,000 feet and pulled my main. it came out but didnt inflate. (no big deal right!) so i cutaway and pulled my reserve... it didint come out of the container. so i was reaching around and banging on the side of the container to get it to come out and it never came out... i woke up right before i hit the ground.... i woke up and i was sweating badly! and didnt no where i was and i thought i was dead until i got out of bed. lmao! but anyways just wanted to know if its normal for skydivers to have skydiving nightmares. and if so what was yours? oh and i know there is a special term for waking up from a dream right before you hit the ground or die , or something happens to you, etc... does anyone know what that is called?
love that rush!

Thats funny you said that, cause no joke, i had a dream LAST NIGHT about skydiving.

I was on my belly and was at 4 grand. I decided to wait till 3k to pull.. I went to pull and nothing happened. Total Mal i guess. Well, next thing i know, Im flying towards the ground when my cypress goes off and my reserve inflates. I hit the ground under under a full inflated canopy. Bright orange just like my regualr reserve.
"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

damn! lucky for you in your dream! my aad didnt go off... but i guess it wouldnt have mattered for me cuz my reserve wouldnt come out of the container! but seriously this dream has the shit scared out of me! idk if its my conscious trying to tell me something or what! but i only have 7 jumps so i didint know if these kinds of things were normal.
love that rush!

"......... Hey I've been havin' the same old dreams,
But mine was a little different you see.
I dreamt that the only person jumping was me.
I didn't see you around."

Well, now time passed and now it seems
Everybody's having them dreams.
Everybody sees themselves jumpin' with no one else.
Half of the people can be part right all of the time,
Some of the people can be all right part of the time.
I think Abraham Lincoln said that.
"I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours,"
..I said that."

.... with apologies to BD :P

These dreams are pretty common

Malfunction Dreams search results.

Skydiving Dreams search results.

I don't know what the term for a falling dream where you wake up before you hit is (if there is one), but the crap about waking up before you hit is just that.

Ever since I started jumping, all my falling dreams included a rig on my back. Although I usually had flying dreams, not falling ones.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

My first year of jumping I kept having the "bouncing" dreams. I'd pull all handles.....struggle to get anything out.....nothing. But then I'd start to track....I'd end up over a tiki party....crash through the bar....grab a drink, with an umbrella, and walk away with my gear still on.

I have had such dreams since way before jumping, BUT, I don;t wake up, and I don;t bounce, I swoop the ground liek a bird and walk off a smooth landing!

But with only 7 jumps, that is a totally normal dream...many of the students I filmed told me of simular dreams! Just don';t ever do what that one person said,,,(wait for your aad to fire) gezzzz that other handle it there for a reason!:ph34r:

I had a skydiving nightmare last night.:o

End of the day, at the manifest desk, check book in hand. "I owe how much!?":o

Went to the fridge, reached my hand in . . . NO BEER!:o

I woke up screaming.[:/]

:D

I've had the same dream, so I pinched myself and found out I wasn't dreaming. :P

I have had such dreams since way before jumping, BUT, I don;t wake up, and I don;t bounce, I swoop the ground liek a bird and walk off a smooth landing!

Me too! :o:o:D:D:D

To the OP: Beer! (You are the dumbass who said "first") B|

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

I had cutaways on jumps 38 and 53, both on my pack jobs. I took time off from skydiving partly because I was going to college full time and partly because I was too scared to jump. I kept having the same nightmare- I was in freefall and I realized that I'm too low. I pull my reserve and I hit the ground at line stretch. The odd thing is, I don't get injured. I sit up thinking that I should be hurt and I'm not. I look around me and I'm so embarrassed. Thankfully I don't have that dream anymore.
http://3ringnecklace.com/

in my skydiving dreams I'd always end up hitting the ground, then getting up, and looking around all embarrassed like "shit.... I hope nobody saw that?"

dude, that's really funny!

haha...

I wanna make a commercial like that...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I recently saw a mobster show about how bad it goes for their enemies. Accordingly, 2 nights later I dreamed these Columbian drug guys captured me (hey, I really DON"T know why ) taped me all up and said... you die slowly !! ( I knew that ).
Then finally they said.. 'we take you up in our plane and throw you out !!! " ( and I smiled to myself and thought,, hey, that's really not too bad !!) :)

in my skydiving dreams I'd always end up hitting the ground, then getting up, and looking around all embarrassed like "shit.... I hope nobody saw that?"

+1

I've pounded in several times in dreams, and then I get up and it doesn't seem off to me that I'm not dead.

I've also felt embarrassed that anyone saw me do it B|
__

My mighty steed

In your dreams -

You PM someone . . . and then get banned from a political forum for a PM -

THAT is a strange dream . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I've had plenty of skydiving dreams over the past couple years. Although I've never pounded in with nothing out.

If you're a smoker though, try wearing the 21mg nicotine patches before bed. You will have some absolutely HOLY F**KBALLS is this real?! type dreams. Insanely crazy vividness. Here's an excerpt from my dream journal (trust me, if you ever try the patches, start a journal!)

I immediate fall into an arch to avoid a collision, and end up below the group. I stay with them until their breakoff, and then I proceed to track away. Somebody is above me at pull time, and I can't shake him off. Once he pulls, I immediately pull at 2,000ft, but was so nervous about a collision, I weakly throw out my pilot chute. I catches air below me, and I get wrapped up in the bridal. Scared because I'm low, I grab my pilot chute, and throw it to my side. It extracts the bag, but now I have bag-lock.

Now at 1,000ft, I start freaking out, and execute my emergency proceedures. I cut away my main parachute, and pull my reserve handle by 500ft. The reserve canopy snivels for awhile, and I accept the fact that I am going to impact, but at the last second, my chute fully opens just 15-20ft above the lake. I plunge in, and swim away from my harness to the shore.

Once there, I know I owe beer for my first malfunction, but I don't care. I'm focused on finding my main, which is drifting with the wind, and my freebag, which landed in the water next to my harness. I collect them up, and return the rig to the rigger's loft. After that it's dark already, and I leave the dropzone.

I take a wrong turn into a very bad neighborhood, and come to a dead end. I immediately start to turn around, and once I do, a bunch of people ambush my car, and try to break in. I lock the doors, and power my way down the street. After I come around a turn however, I'm swarmed by over 50 people, and they capture me.

Scary enough, this has been one of my less intense dreams. The most intense dream I've ever had in my life (without the patches too), took over 3 whole pages in Microsoft Word.
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

But with only 7 jumps, that is a totally normal dream...many of the students I filmed told me of simular dreams! Just don';t ever do what that one person said,,,(wait for your aad to fire) gezzzz that other handle it there for a reason!:ph34r:

I have the ones where you bounce, hit the deck in a cloud of dust. Then you get up dust yourself off, and say, Fuck i hop no one saw that :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Then realise, Wahoo, NO PACKING :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

In my dreams I always work my ass off to get it fixed, but when I realize I probably won't I also realize "wait, this is a dream, I can't get hurt". Do my best to land relatively softly and go "haha sweet". They always shake me up when I wake up just making sure I never actually have that thought in the air.

But the other day I woke up sweating and panting. I had a dream I was flying right seat with a guy who I jump with and fly with. We were in a twin and trying to climbing over an insanely tall tree line when right above the right engine clipped a tree and the prop came to a stop, for some reason we couldn't hold attitude (or altitude) for shit. This was my first plane crash dream and I was very nervous during it. I thought "This is seriously it, I always figured it be in a plane" and we plummeted towards the trees hitting more branches and getting stuck. I swear we were at skydive spaceland when we took off but somewhere completely different with way more trees when it happened. The last thing I remember is the guy in the left seat yelling "JUMPER, IN YOUR RIG" and as the plane started to tilt forward and we started to put our rig on (the trees were tall enough) i woke up sweating, panting, and shaking. Even more so because I was flying to the dropzone a few hours later

I've no recollection of the dream, but shortly after I started skydiving, I woke up a roommate in college by screaming at the top of my lungs (still fast asleep, mind you), "PULL YOUR RESERVE! PULL YOUR RESERVE!" This was about 5 minutes before my alarm clock went off and I got up and went skydiving that day.

It was after I got home that night that he mentioned it to me.

I have never had a bounce dream. I never bounce. I allways impact. stand up and dust myself off and go damn that sucked when they BOTH don't open. it's happened to me dozens of times in 30 plus years. I have always thought it was my morbid sense of humor. maybe i'm just twisted
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

I've never had a dream where I was in trouble. I did have one dream where I watched a mother bounce while her adult son watched, and then helped in the aftermath. Shook me up pretty good[:/]

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama