LongWayToFall

Official Sharks are going to win the Cup Thread

Sharks are good ... but one game does not make a season (plus this win you speak of was against the Flames, hardly one of the serious contenders). When the Sharks have 15 playoff wins and poised to win #16, then maybe, just maybe we can start talking about the Sharks winning the Cup. Wasn't it just last year when the Penguins were down and out to the Red Wings in the finals? and look what happened. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Yes certainly it is a long ways away still, but the sharks have done their time, and they have a very solid chance of making it. I was saying the same thing last year and look what happened. It is fun to watch the team's momentum, we just have to hope they are on the way UP the wave face come playoffs, rather than peak during the season and wipe out come playoffs.

I believe!!!
:)

That is a cool charity game! If I lived nearby I would go.

Sharks did reasonably well tonight, good to see Vlasic with a goal, as well as Blake finally picking up the pace. It seems all he ever does is dump the puck down or shoot it right at the goalie for an easy save.

Tonight something weird happened, maybe you guys can help explain it. When the players were in the face off circle, the shark backed out and skated around like he was waiting or being swapped for the backup face off guy, but the ref dropped the puck when he wasn't even close. Why did that happen? Never seen it before, I am confused.

Ahem..... Just had to uh, you know, remind all you haters............
:)

"Hey Upham, careful you don't step in the bullshit!" - Private Daniel Jackson (from the movie "Saving Private Ryan")

One game does not make a series. All that happened last night was that San Jose tied the series with the Avs 2-2 (a series many people thought would be over by now). The Sharks may go on to win this series (as they were expected to do), but you don't want to chant "We are the champions" drum too much so early in the playoffs. It is a rather long way to fall if the Avs were to pull one out of the hat. I've seen it happen many times when a great goalie beats a good team. :o

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I've seen it happen many times when a great goalie beats a good team.

Yeah, fucking Anderson is a wall. But the rest of the Av's came to play too, despite the way they were dominated in the 3rd game (well, until Boyle's "shot" in OT...).

Playoff hockey is hard on the nerves!! :ph34r: