Dumpster

Scotch drinkers?

mmmm,peaty.

WWW.celticmalt.com
They throw the whiskys of the world expo every year,I've been going since I turned 21 best $85 bucks I spend on booze all year guaranteed.
I got to sample Macallan from '37(or 32 I forget) '42 '46 and '54 I believe, one year.
~good times!
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

I don't like the stuff, but my wife sure does. Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, and Islay are the mainstays, although she says, "They're all good." I told her about this post and she went and got out the mini - samplers she has and took a sip of Dalwhinnie and declared it really good. Her birthday is coming up, and traditionally I get her a bottle of something good.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

The longer scotch is aged(still in the cask) it changes. The weather,has a major effect on the wooden casks wet season/dry season...year after year. Climate is one of the biggest differences in scotch from different regions. Older is not always better as far as I am concerned,but different is always interesting.
Ok ,it's gonna be a scotch night!
~J
Aberlour is a fun one too!
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Aye!

'Tis a fine and noble thing, a good single malt. We may have done this a long time ago. For biggies I enjoy Laphroaig, Lagavulin and Oban. Glenmorangie's a nice middl'er, Bowmore's worth a try if you can find it..

Cask Macallan? Let's just go with yummmm....

(uh, could I have some ice and soda with that? It's too strong :P)

-Dave
"Pear pimples for hairy fishnuts"
- Opus

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Was listening to a local radio show last Friday (17th) and a whisky expert from Scotland was on. He was passing out a few sips of 62 year old scotch. Something like USD$42,000 a bottle.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Sweetie...I like all kinds of drink. I bought a bottle of Glenfiddich last w/e, and have lots of beer in the fridge and wines in the rack.

Name your poison. :)

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Laphroaig 15 is way more approachable than their 10 year. That and Lagavulin 16 are my two favorite Islas. Also, Springbank makes a darn good, albeit expensive, Highland.

I was actually thinking of the Lagavulin when I wrote about bandaid flavor.

It's now technically Christmas day, and I'm sipping some Glengarioch 10 that I got as a present from my brother. Probably the best 10 yo that I've had, but I'm not certain. I might have to buy another bottle of Oban and compare. Damn it.

What's really strange to me is that just a few years ago, I was firmly convinced that no one actually liked Scotch. I thought it was just totally pretentious. Then someone gave me my first bottle, which I sampled primarily so as not to offend them.
It was a Glenmorangie 18, and I've been broke ever since!

I still owe my rigger a bottle for my last cutaway. Fortunately, I'll probably drink nearly as much of it as he does.

Merry Christmas, and goodnight all.

-Josh

ok, just one more glass...
If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive. -Me*
*Ron has accused me of plagiarizing this quote. He attributes it to Douglas Adams.

I used to love The Glenlivets. That is, until Don Kirlin introduced me to Dalwhinnie. Now I prefer that or a Glenfiddich.

Nice taste in spirits though man! :)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Scotch snobs!;)
Do remember Mouth's drink of choice....we're waiting for delivery here in Eloy....Well?
LOL

I remember Mouth getting hooknswoop drunk at the 1st holiday boogie on that stuff. (only time I've seen him drunk)
Fly it like you stole it!

Johnny Gold my favorite blend (Blue just ain't that good)

Johnny Walker Gold is Mine too B|* that was actually one of the Sweetest and Tastiest presents i received last christmas! i agree, it's just as tastey (or better) as the Blue :)
i always have Johnny Black stocked in my bar, mmm, i can't wait to return home! yaaaay!

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

Glenlivet is my first single-malt love! It's a great scotch and has is really pretty affordable as far scotches go. 16 year old is going to be very pleasant, too.

Around here I can find it for about 20 -25 bucks a bottle, sometimes even less.

+1 Sippin on 12 yr. Glenlivet now. Hands down my fav for affordable single malt.B|
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

It's funny this thread came up. I just got back from Scotland lastnight and I had the chance to drink some stuff that I have not seen in the states. I have a Glenrothes at the house now that I like a lot. Glenlivet 15yo is also on my counter. But I ran into something I have never seen or heard of. It is called Auchentoshan. Holy cow it was a great scotch. The one I was sippin at the pub was 12yo. SO when I bought a few bottle to bring home with me I got the 12yo and the 18. If you can ever find it grab a bottle.

http://www.auchentoshan.co.uk/auth/
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Glenlivet is my first single-malt love! It's a great scotch and has is really pretty affordable as far scotches go. 16 year old is going to be very pleasant, too.

Around here I can find it for about 20 -25 bucks a bottle, sometimes even less.

+1 Sippin on 12 yr. Glenlivet now. Hands down my fav for affordable single malt.B|

Yyyeeesss!!! Glenlivet here please!! B| I am definitely not a lady when I drink. I'll take a scotch on the rocks any day!
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

As an Irishman expat based in Thailand it is not easy to get the full selection of top malt here...however I am a fan of the peaty Islay malts. It's all entirely subjective of course,but the sweeter,Highland type,sherry cask matured expressions like Macallan/Glenlivet et. al. are just not my cup of tea,in fact I'd honestly rather have a cup of tea than a Glenlivet.

Laphroaig,Bowmore,Ardbeg,Lagavulin amongst others are the kind of malts that put hairs on your chest.If I had to choose a malt outside the Isle of Islay then it would be "Talisker",a beautiful peppery and spicy finish to this one.

Anyway,in my 4 photos included,the 1st pic. is of the standard 10 year old Laphroaig expression with some glass snifters(the only way to really drink fine malt). My 2nd pic. is of two different Laphroaig expressions expertly resting on my Corn Flakes box for that extra classy artistic touch. The 3rd and 4th pics. are of my pride and joy,a Bruichladdich Octomore super super peaty drop (140 PPM) and at 62% strength,the peatiest whiskey on the planet(though I haven't opened it yet).

Peaty Islay whiskies are fantastic and beat the hell out of the floral,fruity faggoty malts like Macallan and Glenlivet...give me Laphroaig any day with its' palate/finish of massive peat,beach bonfire,hospital ward iodine,tarry,spicy,smokey,peppercorn mustard finish...phwoor !!B| (I'm just being a bit tongue-in-cheek facetious here to the sweet sherry malters,sorry,any offence taken is fully intended.LOL)

Trust an Irishman to make this his first post on a Skydiving website,I've just spent hours reading posts about beginners' books and tips on how to start and progress in this great sport,and I'm looking forward to getting some money together for an AFF course.

David.

The only comprehensible thing about the Universe is that it is incomprehensible...'Einstein"

On recommend from someone on this site, I ordered a bottle of Glenrothes. I don't remember the vintage, but it was reasonable. By far the best Scotch I've had in my limited exposure.B|

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama