NewGuy2005

LOST Final Episode

Huge cop out since years ago the producers specifically said it wasn't a purgatory. Just having it all be the fleeting delusion of Jack as he lay dying moments after the crash is BS. So many bajillion questions left completely unanswered and so many story lines set up without payoffs . . . just BS.

Of course, that's just my opinion.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

No they were never dead.
They were just "stuck". Some stayed others left.
But in the end they all got back together again.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

6 seasons, never saw an episode. Now that it's over should I start at the beginning and work my way through it?

If you watch the recap that was on from 7-9 last night, you'll get the gist of the whole 6 years.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

6 seasons, never saw an episode. Now that it's over should I start at the beginning and work my way through it?

Nope...let's you & me just get a case & a 1/5th.

I never saw a minute of it either but from what I hear, we could get drunk and write something better with more twists, and get rich in the process! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

we could get drunk and write something better with more twists, and get rich in the process! ;)

Good plan. Between my expense reports and whatever you told you wife to get her to marry you, we have enough fiction experience.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

we could get drunk and write something better with more twists, and get rich in the process! ;)

Good plan. Between my expense reports and whatever you told you wife to get her to marry you, we have enough fiction experience.

:D:D:D Yup...I certainly CAN be creative, with the proper motivation! :$:);)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Never watched an episode and wont start now:S

My wife watched it for several seasons and I refused to even look at it because I knew if I did....

One night, I didn't have anything to do so I watched it with her. That was all she wrote. I was hooked.

Basically everything that happened in the series and on the island, did actually happen. The alternate universe or "flash-sideways" that happened during the last season was actually in a sort of holding area/purgatory place for everyone after they all died. It existed so that everyone could find each other again before going on to what might be the afterlife. Some people went there when they died on the island; Jin, Sun, Charlie, Locke, Shannon, etc. Some people got there after the end of the events on the island, aka after Jack died; Hurley, Kate, Sawyer, Ben Linus.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

aardvarkeater, I don't like that explanation because it leaves approximately 1,000,000 plot holes open in the series.

A much more reasonable explanation would be that Jack fell from the original aircraft accident and landed in the bamboo area. in the last moments before dying, his mind attempts to make sense of his life in a grand delusion.

One of the many issues I had over the course of the series was practically everybody in in the series had "daddy issues"; Jack, Sawyer, Locke, Linus, Kate, Hurley . . . Far more than any random group of people would have simply by coincidence. However, if it's all Jack trying to make sense of his own daddy issues, then it makes sense his dream would include dozens of other ways of looking at the problem.

Can you, just using the information from the series, support your viewpoint?
quade -

I don't like that explanation because it leaves approximately 1,000,000 plot holes open in the series.

Sounds like it wasn't a good, conclusive ending. Do you smell a feature film or at least a made for TV movie?
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

I don't like that explanation because it leaves approximately 1,000,000 plot holes open in the series.

Sounds like it wasn't a good, conclusive ending. Do you smell a feature film or at least a made for TV movie?

There is a fundamental problem with TV series and endings. TV series, by design are meant to continue. Even if the series is very episodic in nature with each episode standing on its own, characters have to essentially continue into the next story and the cycle repeats itself. This is why say, Gillian's Island, can go on week after week with everybody's main goal being to get off the island and each week characters can react to whatever the issue of the day is. As long as they never actually get off the island, the series continues and everybody keeps their jobs. The difficulty is in writing an ending that makes sense; why didn't they just do "that" before, or whatever.

MASH had a perfect ending; the war ends and everybody goes home.
The West Wing; the President's term is over, the series ends.

LOST was a perfect study in suspense and keeping the audience coming back for more, but in doing that they left a crap ton of plot holes all over the place. Ultimately you'd want those tied up in one "ah ha" moment during the finale so the entire series makes sense.

I feel like the producers of the show made a pretty weak ending by leaving it up to interpretation by the audience. Some interpretations continue to leave a bajillion plot holes too like how it's even possible for a plane to break up in mid-flight and yet have dozens of survivors just walking around without a scratch on them. If "everything that happened on the island was real", then that simply doesn't make sense.
quade -

Just having it all be the fleeting delusion of Jack as he lay dying moments after the crash is BS.

So I missed a made-for-TV remake of Jacob's Ladder?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Can you, just using the information from the series, support your viewpoint?

From memory? No. Do I really want to take the time? No.

I was simply summarizing the story given to me at face value in the final episode. I'll take the ending at face value and leave it at that. All kinds of other theories just don't work for me and seem to only make the story fit into someone else's vision of what the show should have been.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

Some interpretations continue to leave a bajillion plot holes too like how it's even possible for a plane to break up in mid-flight and yet have dozens of survivors just walking around without a scratch on them. If "everything that happened on the island was real", then that simply doesn't make sense.

It's a TV show. As far as I know smoke monsters don't exist. If within the reality of the show such a thing can exist, then people can also survive a plane crash without a scratch on them.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

Some interpretations continue to leave a bajillion plot holes too like how it's even possible for a plane to break up in mid-flight and yet have dozens of survivors just walking around without a scratch on them. If "everything that happened on the island was real", then that simply doesn't make sense.

It's a TV show. As far as I know smoke monsters don't exist. If within the reality of the show such a thing can exist, then people can also survive a plane crash without a scratch on them.

Your just going to the wrong parties!;)