ChrisL

New tattoo

think on it.... it's permanent. The only reference I see to skydiving is the BSBD. :|

iv seen an old skull and bat wings design with bsbd over it that i was told was an old skydiving motif from years back so the genreal design seems to be based on that

op looks good make sure your artist is shit hot though

iv always wanted wings and when i saw the design i was talking about above i knew id change it to incorporate the skull it will be a few years yet though before i can afford it

not too shabby! As soon as I get the money together and find a good artist in my area (my old one that I absolutely loved past away a few years ago :( ), I'll be getting another myself. It'll be on my ribs. A fully opened canopy, an empty harness hanging below with a yellow ribbon and a little ribbon that says "Fly Free". Kinda a mix between my love for the sky and a little memorial for a friend who has passed (yellow ribbon is also a suicide awareness ribbon). :)

If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

think on it.... it's permanent. The only reference I see to skydiving is the BSBD. :|

Same thing I've told my son, and good advice to give a 16 year old.
However I'm 45 and I've had tattoo's covering both arms since
I was in my early 20's.

I'm well acquainted with their permanence.

As to the skydiving reference, the whole wings image has been used for years
by skydivers and airborne, The BSBD is clearly as skydiving reference, and
the skull can also tie in. I've seen many skull & wings designs over the years
in both the skydiving world and the Harley world as well and since I also ride a Harley, that works too.

Is there a requirement for the number of references to skydiving that must be included before it qualifies as cool?
__

My mighty steed

op looks good make sure your artist is shit hot though

Oh my guy is the best I've seen.
He did a Griffin on my left shoulder thats absolutely amazing in its detail, depth, and realism.

He will reproduce this image exactly as it looks in the photo.
__

My mighty steed

I don't have any ink but have admired from afar for years...

That concept IMHO has been over done...just a thought here,
what about the same thing but from a bit different angle of perspective?

Picture the skull tilted down 20-30 degrees and the wings swept back as if in a dive...

Maybe even a semi-side view of a downward diving winged skull, & throw in a red devils tail on the backside >:(...with the script 1/2 mooned around the top & bottom.

Oh...and for effect, how about two different sizes on the two messages. Make which ever one is more significant to you larger and on top with the other 3/4 that size on the bottom.

...OR

Go with your design, because it's YOURS! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Just don't ever do a winged skull facing sideways, you might get soem unwanted attention from guys wearing Red and White!;)

I wouldn't put anything resembling their colors on my skin or jacket :)
I'm not a total dumb ass. Well, maybe I am a total dumb ass, but I'm not interested in getting negative attention from any Hells Angels B|
__

My mighty steed

Oh...and for effect, how about two different sizes on the two messages. Make which ever one is more significant to you larger and on top with the other 3/4 that size on the bottom.

Not a bad idea, actually. I have downsized the "Carpe Diem" a bit and like it
much better :)
__

My mighty steed

my opinion : the 2 texts are too much.

I'd keep just one.

I like em both :)

Transpose the texts - Carpe diem on top . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Just don't ever do a winged skull facing sideways, you might get soem unwanted attention from guys wearing Red and White!;)

I wouldn't put anything resembling their colors on my skin or jacket :)
I'm not a total dumb ass. Well, maybe I am a total dumb ass, but I'm not interested in getting negative attention from any Hells Angels B|

I live in one of their home towns, and more than once have caught double checks from them when they see my wifes paint job....Her's is the blue one with wings obviously!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/vacation.jpg

It's your body, as long as your happy with it who cares what a bunch of people on the forum have to say... they may not like to have it as a tat but that doesn't mean it should change you opinion. tats are very personal, my opinion...if it's done by talented hands then it will turn out fine w or w/o both sayings. The skull and wings is a "cool" design,

my 2¢
Travis Roy Foundation. At very least its a tax write off

I would put Capre Diem on the forehead of the skull.

IMO it would flow better.

Its still a cool design either way B|

Why not?
My direction in life is up...then down again REALLY REALLY FAST!!!
Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
D.S. #55