ZigZagMarquis

Duchess of York Caught 'Selling Access' to Prince Andrew

I guess its rough being a former "Royal"... or... is she still a "Royal", I mean, they refer to her as the Duchess of York, but she's divorced from Prince Andrew... huh?

---------------------------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/05/23/duchess-york-caught-selling-access-prince-andrew/?test=latestnews

The U.K.'s Duchess of York was caught on camera in a News of the World sting revealed Sunday, apparently offering to sell access to her former husband, Prince Andrew.

Sarah Ferguson, 50, allegedly asked an undercover reporter posing as a wealthy businessman for a $40,000 cash down payment in return for an introduction to the Prince, as well as a $724,000 fee wired directly into her bank account.

Ferguson also insisted on a one percent commission from any deals the businessman worked out as a result of her royal connections.

The duchess claimed to have discussed the terms with her former husband, saying, "Andrew said to me, 'tell him £500,000.'"

She also suggested Prince Andrew, who works as an unpaid special representative for the government agency U.K. Trade & Investment, would be a willing business partner.

“Look after me and he’ll look after you ... you’ll get it back tenfold. I can open any door you want,” she was recorded as saying.

There is no suggestion that the prince was ever aware of the meetings or the claims reportedly made by the duchess.

According to the News of the World, its reporter met the duchess twice -- in New York on May 13 and in London last week.

The newspaper also said the duchess sent representatives to the undercover reporter with a confidentiality agreement ahead of the London meeting. But when the alleged businessman refused to sign the gagging order, Ferguson went ahead with talks.

Accompanied by two assistants, she told the fake businessman that her former husband, who she divorced in 1996 and has two children with, called her “five times a day” and said: “We’re the happiest divorced couple in the world.”

Buckingham Palace declined to comment on the duchess' alleged actions.

I guess its rough being a former "Royal"... or... is she still a "Royal", I mean, they refer to her as the Duchess of York, but she's divorced from Prince Andrew... huh?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/05/23/duchess-york-caught-selling-access-prince-andrew/?test=latestnews

The U.K.'s Duchess of York was caught on camera in a News of the World sting revealed Sunday, apparently offering to sell access to her former husband, Prince Andrew.

So she has been busted for pimping?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

So she has been busted for pimping?

Is that illegal in the UK? I thought I read that once upon a time, prostitution was illegal in the UK because to pass a law making it illegal they'd have to admit to the queen what hookers were / did and they didn't want to offend her "delicate" sensibilities?

Is that illegal in the UK? I thought I read that once upon a time, prostitution was illegal in the UK because to pass a law making it illegal they'd have to admit to the queen what hookers were / did and they didn't want to offend her "delicate" sensibilities?

I'm pretty sure Queenie watches enough television to know what hookers are. :)
Prostitution is legal in the UK, although pimping and soliciting in public are not. At least that's what I was led to believe, your honour.

I'm pretty sure Queenie watches enough television to know what hookers are. :)
Prostitution is legal in the UK, although pimping and soliciting in public are not. At least that's what I was led to believe, your honour.

Aye, prostitution in the UK is legal as long as it is done from a private residence which is owned or rented by the prostitute(s) and has no more than 2 girls working from it. Any more than 2 girls and it is classed as an illegal business (AKA pimpin').

From the way the story reads, the Prince should be charged also!

From the story:

There is no suggestion that the prince was ever aware of the meetings or the claims reportedly made by the duchess.

Also:

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/buckingham-palace-prince-andrew-unaware-of-fergies-dealing/19489176

Palace: Andrew Unaware of Fergie's Dealing

(May 24) -- Buckingham Palace responded today to a right royal mess created by the Duchess of York, saying Prince Andrew "categorically denies" any knowledge of a conversation in which his ex-wife offered access to him to an undercover reporter in return for a princely sum of money.