The_Don

Fox den under my shed!

We have coyotes in our neck of the woods. It was a warm, wet winter and the rabbit population has exploded this Spring. I expect the coyotes are going to have a fat Summer, literally.

Yep, we have coyotes here too. They are VERY shy so I rarely see them.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Out here in AZ, our house backs up to a "dry" river bed that has been sizeable pond for a while due to rain. Where there's water in the desert all the critters come out to play and we hear coyotes all the time out back, but I haven't seen one until this past weekend. 10:00 in the morning, walking my dog and we come across a 30-40lb coyote about 50 yards away. He just casually looked at us and stood his ground. My dog was suprisingly mellow compared to how he reacts to other dogs. Maybe he knew somehow that you don't mess with the wild ones!;)

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

I had an earth in my back garden (which is only about 20 feet long!)

HOLY CRAP - An entire EARTH in your garden?

CRAP-The Earth is only 20 feet long? How come I can't see Texas from here?:S

:D:D Funny guys.

That's what I get for trying to use the correct terminology around here. OK, I don't have an earth in my back garden. I have a place where foxes live, in their little foxy houses.

I had an earth in my back garden (which is only about 20 feet long!)

HOLY CRAP - An entire EARTH in your garden?

CRAP-The Earth is only 20 feet long? How come I can't see Texas from here?:S

:D:D Funny guys.

That's what I get for trying to use the correct terminology around here. OK, I don't have an earth in my back garden. I have a place where foxes live, in their little foxy houses.

AH - A fox hole!:ph34r:

I understand Fox Holes!:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I got a few bad pics this morning, not worth posting.
Trimmed limbs & made me a place to take pics from above them. Better pics in the morning.

I think she is teaching them hunt already, saw her with something in her mouth & kinda playing keep away with it.

They don't stay still very long, good pics are hard to get. :|

I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

I thought it was cool when they first started showing upm here 5 years ago. Now, after losing about a dozen geese ,peacocks, pheasants, etc, not so cool. They are there because there is a food source, mice, rats, bugs, etc. When that runs out, they will get more bold. Household cats and small pets are not off limits, and they can get into most cages somehow.
If they lose their fear of human, it could be due to rabies. My experience, it is just a matter of time before they cause you grief.
-------------------------------------------------
Lord please help me to be the person that my dog thinks I am.

Now, after losing about a dozen geese

You say that like it's a bad thing.:P

After living 3 years in the NW Chicago 'burbs, with geese shitting on every flat surface, and attacking you when you went jogging/rollerblading/cycling, I learned that the only good goose is a dead one.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

LOL, yes they do make a mess, but ours have their own section of pasture they share with the goats, peacocks, and Llama.
I feel the same about foxes as you do on geese, the only good one is a dead one.
-------------------------------------------------
Lord please help me to be the person that my dog thinks I am.

LOL, yes they do make a mess, but ours have their own section of pasture they share with the goats, peacocks, and Llama.
I feel the same about foxes as you do on geese, the only good one is a dead one.

I would *love* to have more foxes around here.
I just spent hundreds of dollars to have my drive and patio repaired by a mudjacker, and a MOTHERF****ING rabbit is already trying to re-dig holes under them.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I would *love* to have more foxes around here.
I just spent hundreds of dollars to have my drive and patio repaired by a mudjacker, and a MOTHERF****ING rabbit is already trying to re-dig holes under them.

Well, don't fall for that ad in the yellow pages like I did,, "Rent a Fox" is a TOTALLY different company, and when they show up, your wife will not understand!

Well, don't fall for that ad in the yellow pages like I did,, "Rent a Fox" is a TOTALLY different company, and when they show up, your wife will not understand!

What wife?
And what is the phone number of "Rent a Fox"?:)

What wife?
And what is the phone number of "Rent a Fox"?:)

Samantha Fox must be pretty desperate these days... :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban