Tee

You know you are a Skydiver when.....

Some may have seen these before...(and believe me, this is the shortened list) but they are always good for a chuckle.
YOU KNOW YOU'RE A SKYDIVER WHEN...
· You're making love to your partner and they whisper "I've never done this before" and you yell out "THAT'S a case of beer!".
· On cloudy/windy days you pull out your parachute and pack it just to say that you've done something skydiving-related.
· You "dirt-dive", "post-dive" and critique your love-making sessions.
· Whenever leaving an establishment you yell "DOOR" to all the patrons before opening the door.
· You think of Jack Jeffries, Tamara Koyn and Norm Kent as "famous".
· You sign your checks with your name and USPA number.
· Every time someone's beeper goes off you look at your watch to see if it's break-off altitude.
· You analyze sessions of love-making in terms of "points turned".
· You have your paycheck direct-deposited into the dz account.
· You plan your vacations around skydiving boogies.
· You drive a beaten-up car because you really need that new canopy more.
· You catch yourself flaking the bed instead of making it
· You name your dog "Toggles"
· You look at your VCR and think, "Hmm, that's gotta be worth a few jumps."
· Your rig costs more than your trailer.
· Losing your job is a reason for celebration!
· Your 'work' clothes have grippers.
· Your log book is thicker than any book you've ever read.
· You stop by the New River Bridge and take a look. All the others are saying 'damn, look how high it is' and you're saying 'damn, look how low it is'.
· When you buy anything you calculate how many skydives it will cost.
· When seeing seats in a twin otter gives you the willies.
· When you go to divorce court and give your ex everything as long as you can keep all your skydiving gear.
· You put your arms down and back in a full track when running down stairs.
· When you wake up with a mean hangover in a tent, the first thing you check is your rig. Then the person sleeping next to you.
· Your thinking about taking all the but the driver's seats out of your car.
· Your whuffo friends only call if the weather man says the weekend will be shitty.
· You can't think of a better way to relax other than falling 10,000 feet.
· You try to convince the flight attendant on a commercial flight that you really! would be much more comfortable sitting on the floor.
· Your friends think it's funny to, when you are sleeping, blow a fan in your face and set a beeper off near your ear.
· When someone asks you where you're from, you reply with the name of your dz, not your hometown.

· When you wake up with a mean hangover in a tent, the first thing you check is your rig. Then the person sleeping next to you.

:D:D:D

DUDE thread necromancing from 2001:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

When I was on the plane on the way down to florida...I looked at my watch to check the altitude when we were taking off...ughhh....

Or you reset your watch to noon as you are taxiing out.

Every time you see a flag in the breeze you think about which way to face when you land.:P

This one definitely applies to me personally:

You know you're a skydiver when all your whuffo friends are on the edge of killing you if you mention anything skydiving related.

And another:

...when you're driving through downtown, and all you think about is, "I bet I could BASE that."
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

Hi Tee,
....skydiver when....,
You have a pull up cord on your belt loop even when you are not at the DZ!

You go to a job interview dressed in cutoffs, skydive T-shirt, pullup cord on belt loop, cool shades, ball cap with skydiving badges hilighted, Tiva sandals or flip-flops with a stow band by the big toe and last but not least, you bring a six pak of beer!!

You're really a skydiver when you've been living on the DZ in a tent and havn't set foot off the airport in over 6 months!!! (unless you landed out from a bad spot!!)
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out