kansasskydiver

Help - Which website design do you like better?

I like the white more because it's easier to navigate visually; it's a little less stimulating as a whole, which means it's easier to focus on the content.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I like the black better because I think it looks sharper. But I agree with Wendy about the usability of the site.

From experience, if I'm on a site with a black background and light text for a while, it starts to get hard on the eyes.

I think you'll be fine either way, though. Good luck!
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." ~Catherine Aird

From a strictly visually appealling opinion - the black one with the small paint splats. (I have to add, I had to go back - because I didn't even notice the size difference in the beginning)

However, for an ease of use for everyone - the white, though I think I still prefer the small paint splats.
"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" ~ Helen Keller

Something that would add some emphasis to the text boxes while giving you some freedom with the colors would be to have a darker background (e.g. dark gray with a splash) and the lighter boxes of the white website. Don't go black and white because the visual distraction of the contrast would be pretty noticeable.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Need help. Which one do you guys like better? White or Black? Why or why don't you like? Big or small paint splats?

Thank you B|

I like my web sites like I like my women . . . Black and Easy!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I would like to see:

-big splat
-black backdrop
-far picture of the crowd (not the close-up)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I like the black too but it seems like everyone likes the white... I have to push away from my personal tastes though and see what the masses like.

As for the picture of the crowd, that's just a spacefiller that cam preloaded with the roktabs rotator software.
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

The black is way more visually impressive. But it's harder to read, and if you want people to read the stuff on your website, you have to make it easy for them. If there are only a couple of titles in big letters, then for sure go with the black.

Wendy P.