drdive

Closest DZ to Des Moines?

We will be in Des Moines for a few days next month, and thinking about taking our gear and jumping for a day. What is the closest DZ to DM, and will they be open on weekdays?? Thanks.
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

I think it's Winterset. Google the Couchfreaks, it's their home DZ.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

It is Winterset and we sometimes have jumping during the week if enough club members want to jump. However I can give you a number to call for our DZ manager if you want to find out for sure. Winterset has a great vibe and the atmosphere is very welcoming. PM me for a number if decide to bring your gear.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

We will be in Des Moines for a few days next month, and thinking about taking our gear and jumping for a day. What is the closest DZ to DM, and will they be open on weekdays?? Thanks.

I'm sure 1-800-skyride will find one for you that isn't more than 5 states away.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.