upndownshop

Scarlett lost my Banana -June Parachutist

Pg 24. That is Scarlett on the SF 7' stuffed Banana. My brother built his harness.

Here are some pages from his logbook:
He survived 6 years of SkyFest, had 9 jumps, with about 20 female riders to his credit. It usually takes three to tame him in freefall, but Scarlett managed to take him by her self! That was the last time we saw our buddy. That was SkyFest 08 and I believe Tony Hathaway took that shot. He had been with us since 2002. :( Last we knew he was resting in the tree tops.

Check out some of his other jumps attached. The one with Beezy was SF06 with Ali/Mel and Kim riding him. One or two of the Mullins boys, a Boyd, Mark, myself, and rats memory failing me...
I learned that at 170# under a Spectre 150 I could pretty much stay with him. I watched him head towards the main road next to Spaceland looked up road and saw a small car coming. Looking at the distance away and his rate of descent it was not looking good. Amazingly enough he landed on the shoulder on the passenger side of the car about 2 seconds after it went by!

Tim B. (FrankN Ass) deploys hanging from the harness of the banana. Bag bounces off it and continues for a perfect opening. I know cause I'm on the right watching this fool!;) Prior to Tim bringing him down safely, Bret, myself and my brother do our best to keep Mandy S. from SD Dallas on top of our banana! He had managed to wear out the other two ladies but Mandy rode the clock out! Those shots were by Perry P. I believe.

We always said we would jump the banana till the banana splits, he never did, he just never landed. :)
But do not worry, Turtle managed to replace our lost friend before the end of the event with two 5' stuffed banana's. Each has one jump now, one was sold at the gear auction at SF 09. I still have the other. Rumor has it they will reunite at SF 10 this year to continue their fathers wild rides! :)
Scarlett, cool, very cool. Great shot and nice ad! Oh, and that's the last time I let someone jump my banana with out me!

What ever happened to the twin Banananas that I donated?

But do not worry, Turtle managed to replace our lost friend before the end of the event with two 5' stuffed banana's. Each has one jump now, one was sold at the gear auction at SF 09. I still have the other. Rumor has it they will reunite at SF 10 this year to continue their fathers wild rides! Smile

It was pretty sweet, 3 girls purchased one in the auction, had myself and my mother sign him. They said they would bring him back this year!

Fun stuff

What ever happened to the twin Banananas that I donated?

But do not worry, Turtle managed to replace our lost friend before the end of the event with two 5' stuffed banana's. Each has one jump now, one was sold at the gear auction at SF 09. I still have the other. Rumor has it they will reunite at SF 10 this year to continue their fathers wild rides! Smile

It was pretty sweet, 3 girls purchased one in the auction, had myself and my mother sign him. They said they would bring him back this year!

Fun stuff

Awesome!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The one with Beezy was SF06 with Ali/Mel and Kim riding him. One or two of the Mullins boys, a Boyd, Mark, myself, and rats memory failing me...

Joel Mullins, you, beezy, mark futch, bryan moffett, Kim, Alli, Mel, and one mystery man in the red, pics by Perry Perkins! Check out Kim's facebook page for the edited video!

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.