quade

What could go wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgCc8fRdtGo

Seriously? What the hell are these people thinking?

What the hell is wrong with that.
Looks like they put a decent amount of planning and building into it.

Certainly no dumber than paracute towing on no jump days at the DZ,
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Seriously? What the hell are these people thinking?

Something along the lines of "I wonder if we can...." followed by "This is gonna be real cool or real ugly". I just scanned a couple of videos so did it crash or hurt someone? If so, I got no sympathy-If not, way to go guys, good work.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Someone there has some higher end video gear if it was needing a Portabrace... :S

Yeah, in looking over the videos I get the impression the family is somehow connected to a rural TV show or some sort of reality show. In the very beginning of this clip, they mention the previous(?!?) one had broken and the title on the clip sort of verifies this is the second one.

It's wired up pretty good. I count at least two POV cameras on the machine, the one with the Portabrace cover, another prosumer HDV camera and the one shooting the clip I linked for a total of five. That's a bit overkill just for home video.

I still think it's stupid as hell they didn't seem to load it up with sand bags for initial testing, but that just may be my impression from the video. It certainly looks like they just "went for it."
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Certainly no dumber than paracute towing on no jump days at the DZ,

Yep, and nobody has ever died doing that . . . have they?

What's the old saying about when is a tool, not a tool?
quade -

If you look back over some of their other vids, they destroyed a car doing this, and looks like they figured the weights/balances out fairly well.
Lots of video toys on that. One query on the YouTube page was saying this is from the "David's Farm" channel, but that was where I stopped digging.
Stupid, but then again...they've got lotsa views and getting a small share of YouTube ad rev plus who knows what else.

I still don't like how if one of the support bars gave way or the car tilted just a bit more it would at least tib/fib and possibly femur the passengers. It's a bad design.
quade -

I still don't like how if one of the support bars gave way or the car tilted just a bit more it would at least tib/fib and possibly femur the passengers. It's a bad design.

First look seems to tell me they got the engineering reasonably correct. It looks like the support bars are "mutually supporting" and if one failed the others would take the load.
I can't see the car tilting any further than it did either. The bumper is a reasonably solid structure, and it's highly unlikely that the front wheels would leave the ground with the weight of the motor/transaxle on them.

(Addressing a previous post of yours, Quade)
And who's to say they didn't load it up with test weights (sandbags or something) and run a few tests?
That would take away from the "Redneckness" and implied stupidity of the clip, and would be edited out (if they even bothered to video that part)

I agree that the video equipment suggests a much higher degree of sophistication than is portrayed. I have a suspicion that the rest of the project is the same.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Search 'Davids Farm'...all kinds of vids made during the build of that one and another one, a van ride.

Yes. I am now interested in watching these guys the same way I'm interested in watching two trains heading toward each other on the same track.
http://www.youtube.com/v/9_CYyJMqCSA

What I NOW find interesting are the rebel flags and general beer driven stupidity. The web page -says- redneck, but then it also says, and this was the biggest piece of weirdness for me, they're Canadian?!?
quade -

Umm... You didn't get the Memo.
Canucks gots rednecks too, just that their necks are a lil' more white...:D

I'd guess based on other postings, that these guys are funded and even have a production staff.

Umm... You didn't get the Memo.
Canucks gots rednecks too, just that their necks are a lil' more white...:D

I'd guess based on other postings, that these guys are funded and even have a production staff.

That didnt look like no old school VHS recorder...;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I could actually see a bunch of knucklehead skydivers building one for cloudy/rainy/windy days. Probably know a couple dropzones that would let them too. God bless America, we're not afraid of having a little fun. (Though I'd hate to clean up the mess, especially if part of it was still screaming.)

P.S. Did the pregnant chic get her turn on this ride ?

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I could actually see a bunch of knucklehead skydivers building one for cloudy/rainy/windy days. Probably know a couple dropzones that would let them too. God bless America, we're not afraid of having a little fun. (Though I'd hate to clean up the mess, especially if part of it was still screaming.)

How you calling a Knucklehead Skydiver? (My antique harley is called a knucklehead, The one in my avatar):ph34r:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/knukl.jpg

:D:D:D We built a Lay-Z-Boy recliner with a couple car starters, three 12v truck batteries, mini-hydrostatic transmission, 'stick' steering from an old Cub...and of course NO BRAKES!

Full charge on the Batteries and a tailwind ~ ya could get about 50 mph on the smooth runway! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~