Nataly

At what point are you no longer a "skydiver"

You're no longer a skydiver when you post too much random worthless crap on the bonfire.

I post worthless crap all the time and made 6 jumps yesterday***Well, obviously either
a. it's not too much
b. you're still a skydiver
:ph34r:

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

1. How long's it been since your last jump?
2. why don't you get your knees back in the breeze again - a genuine lack of opportunity or a lack of desire?

You left out a lot,!
3. Money issues
4.Family issues
5. location
6. Time restrains while studying(which leads back to money)
There are plenty more!

I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't presuming anything; I was simply asking her to fill in a few details.

Hmm.. Well, you know, that's a good question. And to varying degrees, it's all of the above - but not really.. If that makes sense..?

My last jump was in April 09 in ZHills (I think it was April). But this was preceded by about 4 years where I only did something like 20 jumps in total.

I mean, I *have* been busy, but I certainly could have made the time.. In short, I don't know why I haven't jumped more.. Really don't.

Hmm.. Interesting..
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

My last jump was in April 09 in ZHills (I think it was April). But this was preceded by about 4 years where I only did something like 20 jumps in total.

I mean, I *have* been busy, but I certainly could have made the time.. In short, I don't know why I haven't jumped more.. Really don't.

Hmm.. Interesting..

Have you tried being a boogie ho? :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Isn't one of th ebaord of directors Of USPA a One jump skydiver, Yet she is very active in the sport, (can't remember her name right now!) Sherry Shcrimshire? ersumthing like that!

Don't know the exact number but if you think she's only made one jump, you'd be very surprised how many jumps Sherry Schrimscher has made and with some of the top names in the sport at the time also.

Myself, well I Usedtajump.;)
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

So... is there a point where you can't consider yourself a "skydiver" anymore if you've been away from the sport for too long??

when you sell all your gear...
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

I'd have to say that you're a skydiver as long as:
1. you've been a skydiver in the past
2. you still consider yourself to be a skydiver

QFT
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Isn't one of th ebaord of directors Of USPA a One jump skydiver, Yet she is very active in the sport, (can't remember her name right now!) Sherry Shcrimshire? ersumthing like that!

Sherry "Butcher" (AerOhio) is very much an active skydiver.

Sherry Schrimsher is J. Schrimsher's Mom (SkyFest) and was very active in the USPA beginnings including numerous and selfless acts of assisting the USPA in the early years. She was married to Jerry Schrimsher - an accomplished skydiver, pilot and both were loved by all.

That's her , amybe even no jumps but has always been one of us!

Actually, she had a little over 400 jumps, but most were done in the 60's and 70's. She got into judging in the 70's and that ultimately took over. She got back into after her time as Pres of USPA made about 50 then gave it up. She makes a tandem every once in a while.

Sherry "Butcher" (AerOhio) is very much an active skydiver.

Sherry Schrimsher is J. Schrimsher's Mom (SkyFest) and was very active in the USPA beginnings including numerous and selfless acts of assisting the USPA in the early years. She was married to Jerry Schrimsher - an accomplished skydiver, pilot and both were loved by all.

That's her , amybe even no jumps but has always been one of us!

Actually, she had a little over 400 jumps, but most were done in the 60's and 70's. She got into judging in the 70's and that ultimately took over. She got back into after her time as Pres of USPA made about 50 then gave it up. She makes a tandem every once in a while.

Thanks...I never really knew her history, BUT , I always respected her efforts for out sport!..