Twoply

I actually heard someone say...

One Monday morning, one of the Dr.'s I work with asked, "So did you jump this weekend?" I said, "Yup." His response, "Did you live?" After staring at him a moment I just said, "Nope, this is my ghost. I love my job so much I decided to come in despite my death." Here's your sign.

I once had a senior Army officer ask me how many sides the Pentagon had. I thought he was just making a point, so I told him 'pentagon' means 'five sides'. He went on with his discussion. People later told me I was a wiseacre for answering the question how I did.

He probably thought "Hexagon" means curing a magical curse. :S

laugh]

That is a very good way to remove a curse . . . polygonically speaking of course.

Polygonically? You support plural marriage?

Absolutely not . . . Marriage to ONE woman is quite enough . . . My head would explode if I married two at the same time.

Would that make you a "Headagon"?

I'd guess being a Mormon wouldn't be a bad idea in this case. :D

There is no biblical prohibition to polygamy. In fact, the bible is rife with it until the new testament where the Jews are forced to live under Roman law (Romans prohibited it). There is the one warning, however; Matthew 6:24 - No man can serve two masters. B|

Back on topic - whenever someone asks me if I know the number to something that nobody would know the number to, I answer 867-5309. When they start dialing, I start singing.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I answer 867-5309. When they start dialing, I start singing.

It would be tough for me to SAY that number without singing it. I'd be like those people on the cop dash cams that sing their ABCs during the stupid human tricks
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

You have to say it differently. Eight, sixty-seven, fifty-three, zero, nine.

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I was at a cell phone provider kiosk at the local shopping mall buying a phone and when they asked what number I would like I asked if some famous song number was available (it might have been 867-5309, I don't remember). They said it was available and I started to say I wanted it but they said there is a reason that number wasn't taken already. When you have a famous number you get called constantly by people who hear that song and just dial the number for the hell of it. I'm glad they talked me out of getting it.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Shirley, you must be kidding.

How many trimesters?

John: a trimester is 3 months. We had Fall, winter and spring trimesters

It was a rhetorical question (or maybe incredulous.) Anything with a "tri" prefix should come in threes. My college had quarters, because they had summer classes. Your college, 3 sessions a year, therefore trimesters, right?

Anything with a "tri" prefix should come in threes

Maybe you should ask your smart son ;).

A trimester is a grouping of 3 months. There are 4 trimester in a calendar year. But we only had 3 trimesters of school

So that's why the OB called 'em that, Yeah, you're right.:)

I was at a cell phone provider kiosk at the local shopping mall buying a phone and when they asked what number I would like I asked if some famous song number was available (it might have been 867-5309, I don't remember). They said it was available and I started to say I wanted it but they said there is a reason that number wasn't taken already. When you have a famous number you get called constantly by people who hear that song and just dial the number for the hell of it. I'm glad they talked me out of getting it.

If you do a google search, you will find stories of people with that number who had to get it changed. One is of a poor college girl who was actually named Jenny. I think she was too young to know what the problem was until it was manifest.

Hockey is in Periods, 3 for a standard game , plus overtime

I knew that. Just an old American joke. ;)

Was watching the first US Canada Olympic hockey game in Belize that the US won. At the end of the 3rd period, I jokingly walked up to some canadian friends and said, "I dunno why everyone is celebrating, ya'll can still catch up in the 4th quarter."
The look of shock and awe on their face as they thought I was serious was priceless.

From a whuffo friends little sister's friend:
"Is New Years Day on the first or second?"
(Yes she was serious)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.