Twoply

I actually heard someone say...

A local paraglider pilot is known for doing some especially crazy things.

One day he wound up suspended about 5'' above the ground...from power lines.
He tells a guy on the ground:
"Here are my car keys; Go to my car and get my camera, and take a picture of this.":S

A bystander tackled the fool, (the one reaching for the keys), before he touched the fool hanging from the power lines.:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I love that. I have it saved. There's a bunch of science illiterates in this world, aren't there?:D:D

Of course, every November, their vote counts as much as yours or mine.[:/]

Must . . . NOT . . . Push thread . . . into . . . speakers corner . . .

Dammit - can't help it -

there are A LOT here too.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Piano movers - they probably pick brawn over brains every time. ;)

Wow, I'm trying to imagine the sound of a piano being dropped down a flight of stairs. :D:D I'm imagining it tumbling and bouncing, just for better effects. :)

I don't know why, but that made me think of the scene from Home Alone II where Kevin rigged the loaded tool chest to come crashing down the stairs into the two dirtbags Marv and Harry. :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Piano movers - they probably pick brawn over brains every time. ;)

Wow, I'm trying to imagine the sound of a piano being dropped down a flight of stairs. :D:D I'm imagining it tumbling and bouncing, just for better effects. :)

I don't know why, but that made me think of the scene from Home Alone II where Kevin rigged the loaded tool chest to come crashing down the stairs into the two dirtbags Marv and Harry. :D:D:D

heh heh!! :D:D I don't remember it - I would have been quite young at the time.. But my mom still tells the story!

Here's another funny one.. My grand-parents gave my father $2 (back when they had two dollar bills).. He promptly went to his piggy-bank to fetch a $1 bill so he could give his kid sister half of the money.. She went on for *weeks* about how it was unfair - he got $2 and she only got $1!!! :D:D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

There was the time many years ago when one of the radials on our Beech 18 blew up as we were climbing to altitude. Since we were over the airport (private) and were close to jump altitude anyway the pilot decided to just keep climbing. The one good engine was doing all it could to maintain a respectable climb rate.

Anyway, on jumprun the door was slid up and the lady nearest the door stuck her head out to give the pilot left/right signals. This was before every pilot had GPS and basically ignored the skydivers. When she was satisfied with the spot she brought her head back inside the plane and yelled loudly for the pilot to hear, "CUT!". Everybody in the plane stared at her for a beat and then started laughing uncontrollably. She didn't know what was so funny.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

There was the time many years ago when one of the radials on our Beech 18 blew up as we were climbing to altitude. Since we were over the airport (private) and were close to jump altitude anyway the pilot decided to just keep climbing. The one good engine was doing all it could to maintain a respectable climb rate.

Anyway, on jumprun the door was slid up and the lady nearest the door stuck her head out to give the pilot left/right signals. This was before every pilot had GPS and basically ignored the skydivers. When she was satisfied with the spot she brought her head back inside the plane and yelled loudly for the pilot to hear, "CUT!". Everybody in the plane stared at her for a beat and then started laughing uncontrollably. She didn't know what was so funny.

And...maybe she thought she was making a movie...so what?
:P

I once had a senior Army officer ask me how many sides the Pentagon had. I thought he was just making a point, so I told him 'pentagon' means 'five sides'. He went on with his discussion. People later told me I was a wiseacre for answering the question how I did.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I once had a senior Army officer ask me how many sides the Pentagon had. I thought he was just making a point, so I told him 'pentagon' means 'five sides'. He went on with his discussion. People later told me I was a wiseacre for answering the question how I did.

He probably thought "Hexagon" means curing a magical curse. :S

It's funny how many people are dumbfounded by things that should be common knowledge. As I sat in my daughter's science classroom on Parents' Night at her junior high, I was dismayed to hear a parent ask that her child not be required to memorize any chemical formulas. God forbid your child should actually work at learning something.:S:D

laugh]

That is a very good way to remove a curse . . . polygonically speaking of course.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

It's funny how many people are dumbfounded by things that should be common knowledge. As I sat in my daughter's science classroom on Parents' Night at her junior high, I was dismayed to hear a parent ask that her child not be required to memorize any chemical formulas. God forbid your child should actually work at learning something.:S:D

Well you covered the first two, what does the third one mean then?:D:D;)
"Damn you Gravity, you win again"

She led a sheltered life...and then became a skydiver.

One of our local skybabes came up to the group and heard someone mention something about a "beaver". She piped in that she thought they were the cutest little animals...and really, really had no clue.

We had to 'splain it.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I'd be pretty surprised if nobody's yet pushed a piano out of the back of a Skyvan - it isn't like there's any reason not to - and played a tune on the way down.

skyvan ?? :S

HERC :D:D:D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

laugh]

That is a very good way to remove a curse . . . polygonically speaking of course.

Polygonically? You support plural marriage?

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

laugh]

No, No, No...Gawd don't you know anything?
that woould be Bionic!

One of our local skybabes came up to the group and heard someone mention something about a "beaver". She piped in that she thought they were the cutest little animals...and really, really had no clue.

We had to 'splain it.

my wife is amazed about the slang terms I know for different parts of the body. I'm amazed she's never heard of the rusty sheriff's star, or the chocolate star, or the red-eye, or a skin flute, or a meat flute... the list goes on.
--
Rob

We had to 'splain it.

my wife is amazed about the slang terms I know for different parts of the body. I'm amazed she's never heard of the rusty sheriff's star, or the chocolate star, or the red-eye, or a skin flute, or a meat flute... the list goes on.

Don't type so fast. I'm trying to take notes so I can look those terms up. :)

laugh]

Absolutely not . . . Marriage to ONE woman is quite enough . . . My head would explode if I married two at the same time.

laugh]

Absolutely not . . . Marriage to ONE woman is quite enough . . . My head would explode if I married two at the same time.

Would that make you a "Headagon"?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

laugh]

Would that make you a "Headagon"?

I'd guess being a Mormon wouldn't be a bad idea in this case. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban