MF42

I want to skydive again...

but the doctors say no.

Apparently two of my vertebrae are no longer firmly attached to each other, so an especially hard opening or another bad landing might possibly snap them apart and permanently cripple me.

I have to wait at least five years while the two problem bones fuse themselves together into one inflexible but stronger bone. At least five years to be sure. Maybe longer.

What would you do in my place? Ignore the advice? Keep doctor shopping until you found somebody who says different? Accept the advice?

Been a long time since I hung out here. Thought I'd stop by and bitch at all of ya. You're all cool people, really.

Matt

If you had 500 jumps within 2 years...I'd say "fuck them", upgrade your gear...(2 ruptured disc slowed me down a few years ago, now there are 3) Yet I still jump...just don't get "paid" to do it anymore, (very often)

BUT, with only 6 jumps...????? Ya still got tandems, but let them know you can;t run out a landing...

Join a Gym, get a trainor, tell him/her your problems and goals....Today modern equipment when used right, is no worse than jumping off the second step of a set of stairs,...Hell softer if ya buy the right gear...fuck a bunch of youngins laughing at your 270...Who cares? "you flew, and landed in one piece"!

If parapaligics can jump...WHY can;t you?

Because paraplegics have already HAD their injury.

Did you not notice the second line of his post?

"Apparently two of my vertebrae are no longer firmly attached to each other, so an especially hard opening or another bad landing might possibly snap them apart and permanently cripple me."
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

"Apparently two of my vertebrae are no longer firmly attached to each other, so an especially hard opening or another bad landing might possibly snap them apart and permanently cripple me."

Me????^^^^

Did you read my post? I been playing the same game for almost 10 years....I pack carefully..I am willing to take the chance...BUT, I had several years and over 3000 jumps before my back went out!

I was honestly joking about ignoring the advice and skydiving anyway. I fail my written sarcasm skills. [:/]

Time to look at all the other ways to fly. Ultralights, maybe. Paragliding. Stuff like that. B|

Matt

Me????^^^^

Did you read my post? I been playing the same game for almost 10 years....I pack carefully..I am willing to take the chance...BUT, I had several years and over 3000 jumps before my back went out!

Ruptured discs <> fractured/separated vertebrae
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Get some duct tape, that should hold your spine together!

Red or Silver? I find the silver to be stronger!

Even better, get some foil tape to re-enforce the duct tape... that shit doesnt let go!

(SILVER duct tape of course.)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Get some duct tape, that should hold your spine together!

Fuck, yeah! And lots of safety wire too. I'm a freaking artist with some safety wire. I may need somebody else to drill the holes first. :|

Matt

I was honestly joking about ignoring the advice and skydiving anyway. I fail my written sarcasm skills. [:/]

Time to look at all the other ways to fly. Ultralights, maybe. Paragliding. Stuff like that. B|

great plane..yet Paraglide is just as bad as skydiving...many time worse!

Our wors eimpact, 9minus a fucked up langing) is opening shock, and that can be lessoned..as a cameraman, I have learn way to slow my openings, that scare most people...just to save my neck...

i have seen paragliders HAMMER in on landing..

Gliders..totally safe for bad back!B|

but the doctors say no.

Apparently two of my vertebrae are no longer firmly attached to each other,

Can they go ahead and fuse them now?

HEY????

What is with the serious , actually matter questions?>:(

seriously...answer that question.. it matters!B|

Wind tunnel and hookers.

Fuck that..

Wind tunnel, and jerk off, why waste money on hooker?;)

Do you think the guys running the tunnel would mind cleaning up afterward? :S

Regarding the serious question: a surgery to fuse the two problem bones is something I discussed with an actual spinal surgeon. That would involve a lot of pain, expense, recovery time, etc. as well as some not insignificant risks. I can still live and goof off and work fairly normally, so I'm skipping on the surgery unless things get a lot worse for me.

Keeping the hooker option open, though!

Matt