boinky

Non-Voting Thread: Stop And Smell The Roses-50'th Birthday Edition

Well, the contest ended and sadly, I only received four entries. :$ Because of that fact, I have decided (and the entrants agreed), that I will reward each entrant with a $25 prize for their efforts and creativity! Since we're not voting this time, feel free to express any thoughts that you have.

I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time to help me celebrate my 50'th birthday. :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Entry #2

Not anywhere near what I would call good work, and completely last minute, but hell, I may as well. ;-)
Nina

Entry #3

Hey Boinky,
Here's my entry for your latest contest. I tied 50 bottles down to some scrap wood that was painted black to make the number 50, then hung that from the garage door track with some wire. I used some coat hangars to make the word nifty, and covered it with cotton clothes line rope soaked in charcoal lighter fluid. I took some test pictures to get the lighting of the bottles right, the took some test pictures with a small piece of rope. The test rope overheated the wire the 5 was hanging from and it snapped, breaking the wood when it hit the ground. I had to photoshop my test pictures together, but it turned out okay. I was going to surround the whole thing with 50 sparklers, oh well.
Nina

Entry #4

Last year our Skydiving Club stopped and Cebrated 50 years of Smelling the Roses. This picture is of the past and current Club members that were able to attend our 3 day celebration. We were lucky enough to have 2 of our original founders there, as well as people from all over the united states. On the first day, 2 of our members attemped to make 100 jumps in one day out of our 182 cessnas, with our club helping out by packing, flying, feeding and cheering on. Saturday there were Round jumps, displays of our history, hit and chug contest into our celebration dinner. Speches and Toasts and Tears for how much has changed, how much has stayed the same, and especially those who now fly free. Sunday was fun of reminecing, hangovers, and lots of jumping!

I am proud to call Licoln Sport Parachute Club my big disfunctional and happy family!

Thanks for doing the contest!!
Nina

There's even 50 bottles! 25 in each number! :)
The entrants are welcome to disclose themselves if they'd like to.

Nina

Thanks, I'll be posting construction pictures on Facebook today after work. They'll need to be resized to post here since even at the low quality setting they're too big.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.