LIEBRICH401

l-i-v-i-n

here is a serious question? how does one go about being a weekend warrior to a full time professional. skydiving is a driving force in my life and i want to do it for work as well as fun. any serious suggestions from people who have been at the crossroad and made the transition from desk jockey to dz staff?

gracias to all:)

disclaimer first: I have not nor will i ever make the transition from desk jockey to dz bum.:)
Several well known jumpers have done it Jonathan Tagle comes to mind first. Have some savings, be debt free, have no attachments, and have an exit plan. You should probably already be making some decent side money at the dz or have an opportunity to do so. Have fun and enjoy the ride!:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

the problem i ran into was that i worked so much my fun jumping was all but gone (limited to 1...maybe 2 fun jumps a day). I was making bank and loved it, but i lost a bit of enjoyment from skydiving. Dont get me wrong, i loved seeing a tandems face upon landing, nervousness upon exit, etc, but i entered a routine and the money became an issue. I loved how much i was making, and it was fun. Luckily the military stepped in with deployments and all i've been able to do is fun jumps the last 2 years. It's nice being able to do your own thing, with jumpers you like. Working is a great way to make money, but it can take over your skydiving. Not a bad thing as it pays the bills (and where i was working it paid quite well)....but it did seperate me from some of my other jumpers, as i didn't have the time to do as many fun jumps as i had wished.

There are two ways, One, get trained, to pack/Jm/ Rig/ TM, then quit yoru real job..

The other, the way I went, and probably the stuoud way.,..Cut away...Leave your old life behind, make the DZ your life...It doesn;t matter if your cutting grass,cleaning toilets,pcking chutes, they all add up to jumps!