kturner

PAUL RAFFERTY UPDATE - please reserve for news

Chuck just called to report in. He and Stephan Lipp are staying up with Paul tonight. Conditions remain the same. Paul is still in a coma (which is a good thing) but they are talking to him and keeping him company.

Chuckie says to keep your prayers coming.

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

I talked to Bill and Nicole tonight...Paul is in 'serious but stable' condition and he will have some surgery at 7 am. I'm humbled that they had time to return my calls.
Kim...THANK you for keeping us posted..

Keep good thoughts...~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Chuckie says to keep your prayers coming.

Paul and everyone up there supporting him have been in my thoughts and prayers since I heard.

I never had the pleasure of getting to know him... but he's a skymonkey. He's part of my family. How I wish there was more I could do to help my brother. :(

To all:

I don't have an update right now but I will be talking to Bill within the next couple of hours. I'll keep you posted.

For anyone who has contacted me re: donations... I have given most of you Dorothy's (Pauls Mom) contact info. However, there are a couple of people who are setting up PayPal accounts. I do not have the specifics on this. Give me a couple of hours to make some calls. I'll also be calling John Edos(sp?) from Cross Keys to figure out how to sort out the immediate financial needs. Please hang tight while I do this.

ANYONE who has already sent to Dorothy's address: PLEASE let me know. I will try to organize a pick up from her house.

Also, several Cross Keys people have offered their services. If anyone lives near the hospital and wants to provide a room for people to stay, please contact me! And if there is anyone who is in need of accommodations, contact me as well. There are also people who are going to fly in. If someone is willing to offer transportation from the airport to the hospital, let me know.

Again, let me make some calls and I will respond as soon as I get all the info.

Thanks so much EVERYONE,
Kim

I know we all care very much about Paul and want to send him our strength and well wishes.

Could we *Please* keep this thread for updates only and add the well wishes to the other thread which has also been made sticky?

Thank you all!

BettyAnn

Getting married? Check out my website!

Just spoke w/ Bill...

Paul remains stable for the most part, but he still requires 100% life support. They have started artificial skin graphing on his legs. During his surgeries, the family has gone to the DZ to take care of personal issues. As you can expect, he is still in VERY critical condition. However, he is remaining stable and the staff is quick to remedy problems that arise.

Everyone is most grateful for ALL the support they are being given. I can't tell you how deeply touched I am with the amount of support that is being offered. It is wonderful to see how everyone has pooled together to take care of each other.

THANK YOU!
Kim
[email protected]

Bill and Nicole are w/ Paul, but if you want you can send them an email for when they get back.

But P L E A S E remember to put "Paul Rafferty" in the subject line!!! If it isn't, Bill said he would spam it... gotta be real careful because of all the viruses and crap that is lurking out there.

Bill Rafferty: [email protected]
Nicole Rafferty: [email protected]

Kim

What denotes "3rd Degree?" What is the prognosis and probablity for recovery for someone involved in such a terrible accident? What are the usual concerns for someone with such injuries?

http://my.webmd.com/hw/health_guide_atoz/hw109096.asp
This link provides a good overview of what 1st, 2nd & 3rd degree burns are.

Regarding the rest of your questions, Paul is fighting for his life. Let's leave it at that. Feel free to IM me.

I just can't believe it. This is just so sad.

I keep a photo of Paul and my youngest daughter on my desk here at work (he jumped with me and both of my daughters).

I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers as will my girls. I'll contact Kim and make my donation. I hope all of you will as well.

For Paul.

Kim,
I greatly appreciate these updates. Paul has been a friend since 1990. He took my Wife Wendy and the rest of my Family on their first jumps. Many happy memories. Paul, Scott and Bill Cole were my AFF instructors many years ago. If there is any thing we can do please email or call 910-223-4321.
Blue skies,

Barney

>What denotes "3rd Degree?"

Complete destruction of the epidermis and dermis layers of the skin, often exposing the underlying tissues. About the only good thing about them is that they are often painless since the nerves are destroyed as well.

my name is jhonathan people know me as medusa. I was there when everything happened. I didn't know Paul that well, but I feel that all the people that were there, should help him and his family in this difficult time.
but right now I'm a little confused because I want to make a donation and there are like 7 different accounts, and it might be that some one take advantage of that “human nature $”.
I strongly suggest that they united all the donations to one account. It could be his family account or Cross Keys account.
what should I do?
Please let me know as soon is possible.

Att medusa

John,

Please send me an email ([email protected]) and please put "Paul Rafferty" in the subject line. I will give you 2 addresses that a donation can be sent to. There are some DZs setting up PayPal accounts but I dont have the details on that. If you are uncomfortable you can send to one of the addresses and all checks are to be made payable to Dorothy Rafferty.

Please email me for more info.

Thanks,
Kim

So sorry to hear about this,,
Don't know him, but he's sky brother and haven't met yet one I didn't like!! Kim best to you, family, and friends,, take care of yourselves also!!

The skin is the largest organ in the body, keeps sterile stuff in and infectious stuff out. In burns, large proteins, electrolytes etc. can leak out. This causes massive fluid shifts due to changes in the osmolality in the cells and blood stream, thus the fluid in places it shouldn't be, like the lungs... and not in places it should.. like the arteries and veins..
Burns place a tremendous stress on the whole body system, and infections are a serious threat.

Prayers from me for all of you...

Natural Born FlyerZ.com

Any donations coming through Cross Keys are being handed directly to the family in cash to do with as they need to. You can call 1-856-629-7553 to donate $. That would be my suggestion.

All of us at Cross Keys are doing everything we can to help Paul's family. We are collecting food for them and Paul's nurses. Any one who would like to contribute is more than welcome. We have dinners taken care of for the next few days but any kind of fruit/baked goods/soft drinks/etc are much appreciated!

Thanks!

BettyAnn

Getting married? Check out my website!

I've been out of touch for a few days so forgive me if I walk over covered info. I'm broke and far away, but I do have blood. How can I give blood to Paul's account from SC or GA? If I'm not mistaken, he will need a fair amount during recovery and I can credit his account in order to save the family a small amount. Please PM me with the info.

Family takes care of family-even if we haven't met
/Shane
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried