kturner

PAUL RAFFERTY UPDATE - please reserve for news

I feel very behind the times and out of touch. I only heard about the accident last week, and heard of Paul's passing early this week. Sun Path, the last place I knew I could reach Bill, told me to check this forum and I was deeply saddened to hear the news. The skydiving community has lost a great treasure but he will live on through all of our friendships. Blue Skies Paul, we will miss you from california.
Stephen Reeves

This is Alexas brother. I was just scrolling through the forum and something Kim Turner wrote caught my eye and I wanted to correct her. She said that Alexa was unable to see her father b/c of his condition. This is not true. She was able to see her father anytime she wanted to on many different occasion. In fact she was acutally encouraged to see her father by the doctors. Thank you.

I spoke to Bill last night. He sounds good and geeze, they had a LOT of people there! Anyway, I was asked to observe a Moment of Silence at 4:20 Eastern time (the intended time of Pauls final exit). I'm putting this here in case you want to reflect on the impact we have on those around us. Big blue ones, people.~~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Just got back from P Raff's memorial weekend in Raeford. They did an wonderful job sending Paul on to soar with the angels. The jumpers did a great job ending with Greg jumping in the American flag. The Army provided a 21 gun salute and did the flag ceremony which left all eyes wet. I hope his family achieved good closure from the support of those who came from all over to honor a great man. My only regret is having only met him once.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Back at work after one of the longest weeks ever. Its hard to know what to say but I feel like I should tell Raff something. Go easy fiesta boy! You helped me achieve so much. Thank you. Thanks for getting me in the Ft Bragg tunnel when I had 100 jumps. Thanks for a non-stop adventure to the 300-way and back. Thanks for Empuribrava. Finally thanks for all the jumps and the friendship in-between.

Later Bro

I was on Facebook this morning and I noticed it was the Golden Knights birthday & when I hear Golden Knights I immediately think of Paul Rafferty & decided to do a search on him. I had read your post a few years ago and it still makes me cry. He was a real nice guy and had talked me in to doing my one & only jump. I didn't get to tandem with him but he was in the plane with me. I'm glad you were there with him and I hate we lost a really sweet man, who touched everybody's life he came across in one way or another. Thanks, Nancy

I know today is the Golden Knights birthday and when I hear that I think of your Step Dad Paul, he was a great guy and I'm glad he was there for you. He talked me into my one & only jump, I didn't get to tandem with him but he was in the plane. I use to do stickers for him when I was at Parish Signs, he was the nicest guy. I hope you have taken what you learned from him and carried on his ways. You should feel good that whenever or where ever his name is mentioned its always followed with a smile. I hope you and Alexa are doing well. Take Care, Nancy