NickDG

Found Camera . . .

Some years ago after a jump from Yosemite's El Captain my GF and I hitchhiked a ride back to our car after landing. A nice Japanese couple picked us up but we accidentally left the camera we used on the jump in the car when they dropped us off. I'm sure they didn't notice it in the back seat until much later. In the meantime I always wondered what they thought of the photos if they had them developed.

There's a website now where people who find lost cameras can post a few pics and reunite these cameras and their owners. I check it every so often thinking, hey, you never know. Well, no luck yet, but I did find these.

The note uploaded with the photos read: ""I found a USB drive with photos on it in front of my house. Most of the photos look like the ones I've attached."

Anybody know either of these two folks?

The website is here: http://ifoundyourcamera.blogspot.com/

NickD :)

Some years ago after a jump from Yosemite's El Captain my GF and I hitchhiked a ride back to our car after landing. A nice Japanese couple picked us up but we accidentally left the camera we used on the jump in the car when they dropped us off. I'm sure they didn't notice it in the back seat until much later. In the meantime I always wondered what they thought of the photos if they had them developed.

There's a website now where people who find lost cameras can post a few pics and reunite these cameras and their owners. I check it every so often thinking, hey, you never know. Well, no luck yet, but I did find these.

The note uploaded with the photos read: ""I found a USB drive with photos on it in front of my house. Most of the photos look like the ones I've attached."

Anybody know either of these two folks?

The website is here: http://ifoundyourcamera.blogspot.com/

NickD :)

Well, if you could get the exit shots, might be able to get the tail number of the A/C and using the date/time stamp of the pics, might be able to figure out where that plane was when the pictures were taken... ofcourse, finding a student with no name at a king air dz might be kind of hard, but atleast you know which TI took her and what day.

No, I dont reconize them.:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

there is something written on the goggles in photo #2. looks like it says" high pulse skydiving" and an 800 number

I bet it's this place........ name on goggles, KA, etc.

Yup, the numbers look the same as their phone number.

The investigation continues!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Yep. Definitely John. Definitely West Point.

Can you have the original finder check to see if the time and date taken are appended to the photos? If they don't have that, we could TRY using the date the photos were added to the jump drive, but it probably wouldn't work.

If you had the time/date the pics were taken, a call to West Point might help narrow it down to a particular day's customers.

Also consider that if it's JUST a jump drive that the owners probably still have all the pictures, and this was just the drive they were taking to work/the family get together/Walmart for copies. Not many videographers I know of hand out their work on jump drives.

Elvisio "hey, keep up the good work though" Rodriguez

ALONG THE SAME LINES: It's been all over Yahoo and ABC so it's old news, but I've been watching a thread on scubaboard since it started about a guy who found a camera in the Keys that floated all the way from Aruba. They found the original owners, and is a GREAT read if you have a couple hours to kill:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/335831-found-camera-stage-com-help.html