skymama

Do you tell your friend?

So, you found out an acquaintance/friend is shacking up with someone you know has herpes. You'll also friends with the infected person and don't want to piss them off by telling their business. Do you tell your friend the risk or do you just stay out of it and hope that the infected person tells the truth?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Wow - that's a hard one! I wouldn't want someone telling my business, but I'd sure want to know! I'd hope the person who is infected knows they need to do the right thing and has done so already... maybe talk to them?

It's really a crappy situation to be in really... good luck, whatever you decide!
"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" ~ Helen Keller

So, you found out an acquaintance/friend is shacking up with someone you know has herpes. You'll also friends with the infected person and don't want to piss them off by telling their business. Do you tell your friend the risk or do you just stay out of it and hope that the infected person tells the truth?

Tell them since the other person is putting other peoples health at risk....period.

There are WAY to many idiots out there that think because THEY got it...its their right to pass it along to everyone else as well>:(>:(>:(

Tell them since the other person is putting other peoples health at risk....period.

There are WAY to many idiots out there that think because THEY got it...its their right to pass it along to everyone else as well>:(>:(>:(

Its common knowledge, if you get an STD and give it to someone else, then you dont have it anymore, because you gave it to someone else...

Herpes and AIDS are like a fruitcake... you dont really want to get it, and you would rather give it to someone who might enjoy it!:D:D:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

If you don't tell, do you become part of the 'lie by omission'? In my world, you do.

You don't want to tell their business? If they are having sex with someone else, it is more than one person's business.

Hope? Hope is not a method.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Would you be egregiously betraying a confidence if you told?

I'll have to find that out, I was asked to post this.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I dont think its hard actually. (I mean decision-wise)

The "right" thing to do is to tell your infected friend that they have to do the right thing and let their partner know the truth. Then tell them that if they do not do so, then you will do it for them.

They forfeit the right to that privacy when they knowingly put another person at risk without giving that person the right to make an informed choice.
__

My mighty steed

The "right" thing to do is to tell your infected friend that they have to do the right thing and let their partner know the truth. Then tell them that if they do not do so, then you will do it for them.

+1
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

If a friend of mine willingly told me he/she had a STD it then becomes MY business. Of course I'd tell but only after giving the original person a chance to inform their partner on their own. I'll be damned if I'd let a friend knowingly catch something from someone that hides this kind of information from others.

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

Another way to approach it is to tactfully ask your non-infected friend how he/she is handling birth control. You can tactfully let the person know that it may be a good idea to use condoms in addition to already said birth control. You can also tactfully mention that sometimes, someone may say he/she is clean of disease, but may not be.

How do YOU know that they aren't already aware of it.
Are you so privy their everyones private info that you know the intimate details of their relationship?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?