Kali

Speeding

9 out of 10 times, you will hit the exit right behind that pissed off person that was zig zagging threw the fast lane!

AND get better mileage than the asshat.

I call those guys "cop grabbers" because you usually see them parked in front of a set of red-n-blues a couple miles up the road.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

but the drivers(truck driver) are usually history by the time the wieght of the motor cuts into whatever got in the way!

Don't see how that can happen, since most modern trucks are designed to drop the engine between the frame rails in an accident.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

but the drivers(truck driver) are usually history by the time the wieght of the motor cuts into whatever got in the way!

Don't see how that can happen, since most modern trucks are designed to drop the engine between the frame rails in an accident.

Point being, By the time that happens, Our truck driver is likely dead!

Point being, By the time that happens, Our truck driver is likely dead!

Interesting - do you have stats for that? I ask because my dad was an OTR driver and never had any injuries besides a couple of small cuts from glass in the one accident he was in. The engine dove between the rails as designed, as it did with accidents a couple of other company drivers had - they weren't injured, either.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Then again, you middle finger salute somebody, you're taking your chances. Piss off the wrong guy, and he comes after you. I've had two semi truck drivers try and come after me, after I'd flipped them the bird for hogging the wrong lane too long, and they followed me off the exit. :S

Yeah.. This morning on the way to work, I rode up next to a car to get to the front of the queue whilst waiting for the traffic light to turn green. The asshole next to me actually ran the red light, hitting my handle with his mirror in the process.. I was going to give him the finger, but to my amazement at the next set of lights he started yelling at *me* to watch where I was going!!

I wonder sometimes how people get their licence..
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Take your anger and frustrations out to the race track. There I promise you, you can drive as fast as you think you can drive and chances are you still will not exceed the performance limits of your vehicle. Plus once you have driven on the track you will know driving like a mad man on the public roads is just dumb.

+1

then to all the tough guy stories - :S - road tantrums are childish

weavers never really seems to get there faster no matter how stupid they drive

speed 'limits' seem pretty stupid - I'd rather they posted (and enforced) speed ranges. Give drivers 65 +/-5, rather than just 70 MPH - we need to have minimums also on roads

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Do 55 instead of 50. Cars are most efficient at that speed.

Varies significantly depending on the vehicle...

My Dodge Hemi gets the best MPG at closer to 80 mph.

5.7 litre?

Mine gets best MPG at 64
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

- road tantrums are childish

Half the time I've got a concealed pistol. I cannot afford to instigate some stupid road rage incident. It looks really bad if you start a fight when you're packing heat.

More than once, I've simply called the police on my cell phone if I'm getting road raged. Much more satisfying than arguing with some idiot. :)

It's not about road rage. It's frustrating but I never lose it on the road. The moron on the cellphone in the left lane, doing 5-10 under is wasting everyone's time. If these people would just stay out of the way and only use the left lane for passing, this wouldn't be a problem.

No one is bragging about their driving skills here. We just want the time vampires to stay the fuck out of the way.

No one is bragging about their driving skills here. We just want the time vampires to stay the fuck out of the way.

It'll eventually change for you. Being impatient that is. I used to be the same way till I hit 40, then....I slowed wayyy the fuck down...in the left lane..B| jk!B|

It's not about road rage. It's frustrating but I never lose it on the road. The moron on the cellphone in the left lane, doing 5-10 under is wasting everyone's time. If these people would just stay out of the way and only use the left lane for passing, this wouldn't be a problem.

Just buy a really fast sport/racing bike and go around them.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Just buy a really fast sport/racing bike and go around them.:)

or a POS Hummer and you'll be way the fuck behind and never catch them up :P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

5.7 litre?

Mine gets best MPG at 64

So, you have the little bitty Hemi, huh? I've got the limited edition Super Bee SRT-8 (425 hp) and get about 23 mpg at 55-57 mph but at 90- 130 mph or so it drops to about 18 mpg - Uhh, not that I drive fast or anything like that.

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

I love the cop-bait drivers. I gotta Grand Cherokee I drive fast but conservative and I'm nice to others, share the highway, anticipate the needs of the other drivers and all that. Couple months ago I'm doing 80 on the NY thruway, taking it easy driving polite, passing dense traffic in right lane maybe 5 faster than them.
Early 80's primer black "rough-racer looking" Monte Carlo covered in decals screams up behind me and starts dancing all over trying to find a way to get around me. Right lane still packed solid so no go.

I push it up to 85, he's still on my bumper. Then 90. Still aggressive. I'm like WTF guy, we're doing 25 over, this is stupid, back off settle down and wait till I can get outta your way already... I ain't gonna drive this fast, piss off the staties...

I get a gap on the right and before I can begin to move over, racerboy swerves around punches it to 100+ and blows me away on the right. I immediately drop back to high 70's and move over cause the next car that had been behind HIM is coming up fast behind me.

It was an unmarked NY statie who'd been watching the whole thing, soon as I was out of his way he lit out after the other guy... :D I've learned that with cops it ain't necessarily about how fast you're going, its how much of an asshole you are while you're doing it...
-B

Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

5.7 litre?

Mine gets best MPG at 64

So, you have the little bitty Hemi, huh? I've got the limited edition Super Bee SRT-8 (425 hp) and get about 23 mpg at 55-57 mph but at 90- 130 mph or so it drops to about 18 mpg - Uhh, not that I drive fast or anything like that.

TripleF

The big difference is your srt8 doesn't shut-down 2 cylinders in fuel saver mode like the 5.7L.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

5.7 litre?

Mine gets best MPG at 64

TripleF

The big difference is your srt8 doesn't shut-down 2 cylinders in fuel saver mode like the 5.7L.

Yeah, it does. I don't notice it in operation except when the cruise control is on and I have to hit the gas or if the cruise cuts off in order to accelerate. It's noticeable to the point of being romped on "full tilt boogie" when that happens.

TripleF

Yeah, it does. I don't notice it in operation except when the cruise control is on and I have to hit the gas or if the cruise cuts off in order to accelerate. It's noticeable to the point of being romped on "full tilt boogie" when that happens.

TripleF

Is that new since '07 I didn't think the SRT8 had a fuel saver mode???

It's a 2008 Super Bee Limited Edition, Number 460 of 1000, Blue Surf Pearl with a 425 HP MDS engine. Yes, it is the fuel saver, cut 2 cylinders out, monster that scares the hell out of me. I've had a few custom cars, the last one being the Polar Bear (look for the pic's somewhere in here) and it was about the fastest thing I'd ever driven but this thing scares the shoes off my feet. In the ESP mode I can't even get it to power slide through a curve. I sometimes wonder if the tires have glue on them cause it sticks in a corner and hardly leans to the outside when in a high rate of fuel consumption mode.

TripleF

Nice ride...

I have an '07 RT/RT black and for a big car, I agree it handles great. I'm currently leasing it which is up in a couple months. If I buy it I may consider super-charging it. I may also look into the SRT8.