DoctorSig

Motorcycle Airbag jackets?

i think unless ur sposered by dainese and race in the moto gp team i think the price range is well out of reach of the general public also they need to sort out other probs like hips,legs,arms etc protection sure it will keep ur head stable during the first moments of impact but what about the rest of you?

This is what I wear when riding. It's mesh with a zip out liner that is water proof, has armor on the elbows and shoulders as well as lots of other really well thought out options.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/mcm_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448773034&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309178689&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309178689&bmUID=1277675788405&bmLocale=en_US
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

The Safer Moto guys came out to a popular wednesday gathering and we tried them on. One person was allowed to fire a couple off so we could see them in action.

I didn't really like the jacket but the vest can be worn over your leathers.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Polyester melts during road rash creationism.
I wouldn't want that melted into my skin.
[:/]

I'm glad to see him wear that. As often as I see harley guys wearing nothing but a skull cap, that's way better. There are a bunch of sport bike riders that wear nothing also, but I see it more on the Harleys.

I prefer leather with armor. I currently have an Alpinestars TZ-1 zipped to Alpinestars track pants. I use Alpinestars SMX plus riding boots and Held Gloves. The TZ-1 isn't made anymore unfortunately. It's a great jacket.

I sound like an advertisement for alpinestars. It just happened to be available, fits well and it's built very well. The jacket I bought used, (not crashed, just worn). I prefer the Alpinestars track pants over the Dainese so I picked them up. too.

Cover yourself. Tennis shoes don't cut it in a get off. Get boots that will cover your ankles and stay on your feet if you're sliding or tumbling down the road. Jeans are not protective at all. If you must wear Jeans, at LEAST put knee/shin guards on. I watched a lowside and the gut slide feet first on his front side. The jeans were completely thrashed but luckily he had reasonable boots and knee/shin guards. He would have ground his skin down to his kneecaps and ground up the kneecaps in the process.

Quick rundown on suggested gear: Good armored leather or at least good armored textile riding jacket zipped to armored riding pants. Spine protection, full face helmet, gauntlet gloves with a wrist strap and good boots.

Good luck
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Quick rundown on suggested gear: Good armored leather or at least good armored textile riding jacket zipped to armored riding pants. Spine protection, full face helmet, gauntlet gloves with a wrist strap and good boots.

Good luck

If you cant go the leather option and do want denim, get Kevlar reinforced denim like DRAGGIN Jeans
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?