loumeinhart

Seeking medical advice from bonfire re: strained forearms

Last week I looked and there I was on a wakeboard for the first time ever. The following 2 days involved painful forearms. Over the weekend I used these same muscles at the dz packing/jumping and now (monday) the underside of both forearms is swollen. The pain is bad when use the specific muscles/grip action.

So if anyone out there has watched Doogie Howser/House or spent time on the internet, please send me some suggestions. Did I pull muscles? Could I have seriously damaged my arms?

I thank you all in advance for your expert medical advice..

Dude...skydiving has truly changed your life - you seek medical advice on the Bonfire forum:D Please refrain from asking how to fix your car brakes on Incidents. You may find your car has no Cypress

jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

are they swollen and red? does it hurt to flex or move them in any way? does it hurt to poke them? are they sore when you dont move them? do they both hurt the same? or does one hurt more than the other? is the pain sharp? dull? does it radiate anywhere?

im not a doctor but i did stay at a holiday in express last night.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Yea... what mutumbo said.

Is it a pain, or a soreness? How often do you workout/exercise? Is it like an after workout soreness?

It sounds like you just overworked them and they're a little sore and inflamed. I think most physical therapists would recommend icing the areas twice a day for 5 to 8 minutes. Some motrin wouldn't hurt either.

Speaking of strained forearms.... Mine sounds different than the OP's. When I sit down and lay my forearm flat on the desk with palm face down, the problem area is almost on top at the elbow, from the elbow to about 2 inches down the forearm.

I can't pick up anything heavy, like a cast iron skillet and pull it up. That area burns like a motherfucker. Makes doing my home improvement projects or yard work a bitch to do.

I'm thinking a partially torn tendon or ligament? It burned even when I tried to squeeze a dense rubber ball, and I know the muscles that run the length of my lower arm connect to the elbow.

I still plan to see my doctor and get a referral, but keep putting it off. It's been like this since March, a day after playing 9 holes of FUCKING GOLF!!! >:(

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Last week I looked and there I was on a wakeboard for the first time ever. The following 2 days involved painful forearms. Over the weekend I used these same muscles at the dz packing/jumping and now (monday) the underside of both forearms is swollen. The pain is bad when use the specific muscles/grip action.

So if anyone out there has watched Doogie Howser/House or spent time on the internet, please send me some suggestions. Did I pull muscles? Could I have seriously damaged my arms?

I thank you all in advance for your expert medical advice..

Get on the juice. It helps the muscles heal faster.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Speaking of strained forearms.... Mine sounds different than the OP's. When I sit down and lay my forearm flat on the desk with palm face down, the problem area is almost on top at the elbow, from the elbow to about 2 inches down the forearm.

I can't pick up anything heavy, like a cast iron skillet and pull it up. That area burns like a motherfucker. Makes doing my home improvement projects or yard work a bitch to do.

I'm thinking a partially torn tendon or ligament? It burned even when I tried to squeeze a dense rubber ball, and I know the muscles that run the length of my lower arm connect to the elbow.

I still plan to see my doctor and get a referral, but keep putting it off. It's been like this since March, a day after playing 9 holes of FUCKING GOLF!!! >:(

yeah if youve had that problem since march Billy I would get on that SOON, it could be and probably isnt anything they can do much for, but on the off chance that it is something serious, then putting it off isnt going to do ANY good.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Signs and symptoms of tennis elbow / lateral epicondylitis

* Pain about 1-2 cm down from bony area at the outside of the elbow (lateral epicondyle)
* Weakness in the wrist with difficulty doing simple tasks such as opening a door handle or shaking hands with someone.
* Pain on the outside of the elbow when the hand is bent back (extended) at the wrist against resistance.
* Pain on the outside of the elbow when trying to straighten the fingers against resistance.
* Pain when pressing (palpating) just below the lateral epicondyle on the outside of the elbow..

Sound familiar?
A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

Signs and symptoms of tennis elbow / lateral epicondylitis

* Pain about 1-2 cm down from bony area at the outside of the elbow (lateral epicondyle)
* Weakness in the wrist with difficulty doing simple tasks such as opening a door handle or shaking hands with someone.
* Pain on the outside of the elbow when the hand is bent back (extended) at the wrist against resistance.
* Pain on the outside of the elbow when trying to straighten the fingers against resistance.
* Pain when pressing (palpating) just below the lateral epicondyle on the outside of the elbow..

Sound familiar?

I did think about it being tennis elbow. I also bought one of those support straps that goes around the forearm near the elbow. It helped some, but I don't wear it all the time.

But yes to all of the symptoms you listed.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You're leaving out the part about being a professional piano player.

Between wake boarding, and posting this, how many hours did you spend playing the piano?

So you burned up your forearms trying to wake board, no big surprise. How many people have had sore legs for a week after a logn weekend of skiing?

Then you followed that up by playing the piano for hours, and doing how many tandems over the weekend? How many fun jumps? Did you guys do any 'evening' climbing mixed in there?

How about just giving your guns a rest? It's been a couple of days, how are you healing?

Any interest in making a dozen jump and dumps tomorrow?

I'm going to meet Amstalder at a Holiday inn for a handjob after I shoot beefroids into my arm.

If she gives hand jobs the way she takes a dock, you might want to reconsider that..

By the way Ashley, how is YOUR hand doing?

:D:D Oh Im grand :P Good on you for warning him, I wouldve let him figure that one out on his own.

You're leaving out the part about being a professional piano player.

Between wake boarding, and posting this, how many hours did you spend playing the piano?

So you burned up your forearms trying to wake board, no big surprise. How many people have had sore legs for a week after a logn weekend of skiing?

Then you followed that up by playing the piano for hours, and doing how many tandems over the weekend? How many fun jumps? Did you guys do any 'evening' climbing mixed in there?

How about just giving your guns a rest? It's been a couple of days, how are you healing?

Any interest in making a dozen jump and dumps tomorrow?

I also slid down a wooden pole, you'll see the scraped wounds tomorrow and I'm losing motion in my left middle finger.

Jump and dumps yes I'm available all thursday

No middle finger? How will you signal me in freefall? This is becoming a problem....

False alarm on the jump n dumps. Business as usual at the DZ. Maybe skip the DZ all together, and have a Dr check out that middle finger, and your arm situation in general.