skyspike

Xaos/VX

I jump a VX and a Velo on a regular basis and in my opinion the Velo opens nicer than the VX, but the VX opens quicker. I tend to be in line twists more often with my Velo, but I suspect the twists are coming from deployment bag tumble.
The Velo is loaded higher the the VX which can also affect the openings.
I haven't had the chance to jump skyspikes xaos yet but I have seen some interesting openings from it whilst viewing from the ground ;)
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

..on regular basis... B|

what about your risers on da velo??? Yeah sometimes it looks like a lineover when it opens on heading, endcells are open and the middle cells are closed but until know i havent had bad openings like under a velo or vx...

hey freezone :)) build by the original manufacturer of the vx make a totaly different canopy? the way its sewed doesnt matter to me as long it doesnt explode during openings or some bands somewhere to make it tuff but other dimensions? is that true?? cant see any changes..??? u mean aspect ratio n stuff? plz lemme know if you have detailed information about that!

What does it mean "nose was closed off"?? It seems to be the same like vx´s nose. (Excuse my poor english)

Thank you!

BG
"Der Tod stellt aus versorgungsrechtlicher Sicht die stärkste Form der
Dienstunfähigkeit dar."
(Unterrichtsblätter für die Bundeswehrverwaltung)

Well, here are some posts by one of the designers of the Xaos canopies:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1099078#1099078
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=569439#569439

Different airfoil design is at least a small factor I'd say ;)

Chris and I once talked about the differences between the canopies and he mentioned that though they look similar, the canopies are a lot different once you get into them pretty deep. The X-FX mod was a way to reach a middle platform to allow canopy owners to benifit from the changes that PA had put into the retrimming and redesign of the XAOS canopies.

The whole story of the XAOS line of canopies is posted on here.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

i talked to chris when the xaos was designed a couple o years ago - i mean i didnt asked him about details because at this time i thought the canopies where the same except the lines. now i know better... however, tell me the big difference in airfoil design?? think its also a matter of product marketing n stuff of course you need to get into him pretty deep :)
however, chris is definatly the 1% who may be able to answer my initial question if the lines are shorter and why the trim is "optimized" to a shorter recovery arch, i mean shorter dive - i tried to contact him by an old email address, many month ago. I like my X27 94 like it is. Thank you very much for info.

Btw the Samurai is an excellent canopy ;)

BlueS
Guido
Dienstunfähigkeit dar."

I am not sure if you know but Chris Martin from Precision Aerodynamics died awhile back. He was flying a 21 Square foot Xaos for fun to play with wingsuit guys and the canopy spun up on him. He blacked out about 5 seconds into the skydive and spun in.If you go the the incident forum you can find it there.
Kirk

...definatly the 1% who may be able to answer my initial question...

Guido, you might be better off to telephone the "1% guys" at PD, IcarusNZ and Precision to get the answers you are looking for about fine tuning. You might get better answers when they do not have to put into print and they are not talking to a big audience. rm

:$

damn, i very sorry! i didnt knew that hes gone :(
thx for info, even if its bad info.

yes rob i know what you mean - its fun to talk about that here in the forum and see what all the experts say :S

again, iam sorry for that, i am not that often online here...

BlueS
Guido
Dienstunfähigkeit dar."

[

Ive got a xaos27 94 now and it dives not that deep like the vx97 i had before - but it opens much nicer :)maybe one of you is able to tell me more about the differences??

Hi
the reson you find your xaos diving less than the vx is proberly due the lighter front riser presure that can couse you to turn your xaos a lot faster than the vx. slow your rate of turn and you will be amazed how much further your xaos will dive . I turn vx(74) a lot lower than xaos 27 (78)
Hope it helps!
All wings are safe - until their given to pilots

Hi!

this post is long time ago :)
Yes youre right. shorter lines and different balance under canopy are reasons for it. But it fly very nice and opens much much better than velo and even better than vx.

i start looking for a full sail jvx - but i dont like to buy a new gear for it :(

late
guido
Dienstunfähigkeit dar."