futuredivot

Need a good, simple point and shoot

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camera-reviews/?filter=1104641_5465074_&tag=mncol;srt&sort=edRating7+desc

That's sorted by "editor's rating," highest to lowest. You can also pick out price ranges and search for the best-reviewed within a price range.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

>Canon G-10. Spectacular camera. Great photos.

It is indeed a great camera (I have one) but not great for taking around for casual photos. Too big and heavy.

I'd disagree - I keep it in my bag all the time - It's my point and shoot go to camera - I can keep it on auto and always grab whatever's happening - the idiot at the TSA line, the car crash, whatever. But a few twists, and I can also set up awesome shots of whatever.

For me, it's about versatility. Yes, there are cameras less "professional," and tons that are more, too - but why limit? If they only use it for point and shoot, awesome, it'll never fail them. But what if they one day want to do more?

I have a Nikon Coolpix P4 thats been pretty good to me. I've dropped it a few times, and its been subjected to being in everything from snow and sub-freezing temps, to 120+ in the middle east. Bought it about the end of 2006 IIRC, and havn't had any real issues with it.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

That might be more than I feel like explaining to her:)deer and dolphins so there's not much time to select the correct settings.

THAT'S a pic I gotta see! >:(

You guys take some 'interesting' vacations...:$

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

We have a Kodak EasyShare V570 that is a great point-and-shoot camera. I love the wide-angle lens on it, it's small enough to stick in a pocket, and I rarely find the need to change any of the settings on it, so I'd say that it's very easy to use.

We've had it for several years now though, so there is probably a different version available now.

Glock Shmock!

I picked up this nice little .380 Bersa when I was down in Argentina delivering airplanes to the Contras for Ronnie Reagan (hey, it was exciting and a paycheck even though I hate conservative jack offs.)

I visited the factory and they cut me a good deal. It has the double side by side magazine that holds 15 rounds (sixteen with one in the pipe) that's so illegal nowadays.

I've got hollow points in it now and you just look at me wrong and your paste . . . LOL

NickD :)

Glock Shmock!
It has the double side by side magazine that holds 15 rounds (sixteen with one in the pipe) that's so illegal nowadays.

I've got hollow points in it now and you just look at me wrong and your paste . . . LOL

NickD :)

And now that the feds are monitoring all websites, expect a knock on your door by the po po.

And no, I'm kidding and don't want this thread to go to SC.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

>But what if they one day want to do more?

Then I'd go with a Canon EF-S SLR. Much, much more flexibility than a point and shoot.

Possibly. I'd think that would scare them off, though - Because then they have to carry a bigger camera at all times when it's not needed 99% of the time.

I have a D5 Mark II in the house - I take it out maybe once a month. Sad, I know - but no need.

You guys take some 'interesting' vacations...

She finally got photos of deer on the beach this morning (I graciously loaned her my camera-such a good husband) Now we're off to see if we can catch the dolphins strand feeding. Then I need to go to work so that's when I'll go camera shopping. I'll check back for the updated suggestions then.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

I have a 5D Mark II in the house - I take it out maybe once a month. Sad, I know - but no need.

If you feel that way... send it to me... I'd be happy to put it to use... :):P:)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...