DigitalDave

Things you've dropped.

Right after opening the other day, I realized I had left my keyring hooked to a belt loop. It has the only key I have for one of my cars. I had plenty of altitude so I thought about taking them off and putting them in a cargo pocket, but I was afraid I'd drop them. So, I left them alone and all was well.

Has anyone lost objects other than the the obvious helmet, goggles, camera, shoes and gloves while in the sky?

Right after opening the other day, I realized I had left my keyring hooked to a belt loop. It has the only key I have for one of my cars. I had plenty of altitude so I thought about taking them off and putting them in a cargo pocket, but I was afraid I'd drop them. So, I left them alone and all was well.

Has anyone lost objects other than the the obvious helmet, goggles, camera, shoes and gloves while in the sky?

There was a video somewhere of a guy losing his wallet as he pulled.B|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

At WFFC one year, a guy lost his credit card out of a jumpsuit pocket while in freefall. It was found and returned to him. A day or so later, the same guy lost the same credit card out of the same pocket while in freefall. It was again found and returned to him.

I fashioned a pouch for my digital camera out of the fanny pack that Cypres gives (gave?) away with their unit. I specifically removed the zipper so as not to put any scratches in the camera. I had the great idea to put the pouch on my chest strap. The first time I jumped with the camera, the pouch opened and the camera popped out during deployment. I believe the not-inexpensive camera is at the bottom of Army Lake.

Also, I once lost a ProTec in freefall. It fell in front of jumper under canopy who followed it to the ground. He recovered it and spoiled my excuse to get a new helmet.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

I was in the skyvan over Z-hills back in the mid 90's, and this was the one with the open gap between the rear door and the floor we were sitting on. I was the closest to the door, and had my protec helmet and brand new goggles wedged between my leg and the wall. My buddy behind me tapped my shoulder and I turn around to look at him. A couple seconds later another guy in the row next to me said something to me. I asked him to repeat. What I got was "your helmet just rolled out the door!" I looked over to where my helmet was supposed to be. It was gone. All I could say was "FUCK!"

:D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Has anyone lost objects other than the the obvious...

:D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4no8DtXUOY

Damn... I did not like seeing the toilet float up above the skydiver. :S I hope he tracked away!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Just this Friday a guy lost 2 beers. A couple of guys tried to combine a Mr. Bill with the typical tradition of having a beer or 2 under canopy during a high hop n pop on sunset load. Instead of pulling straight out the door they went to terminal. "Bill" slipped down and stripped the beers out of "Sluggo's" cargo pockets. One beer landed on the roof of the hanger (if it had been 5 ft. further out it could have possibly hit one of the people standing outside) and the other beer landed right between 2 cars parked 5 feet away from each other.

Needless to say these two got a strong talking to (they were from another DZ and didn't tell anyone what they were doing). And Sluggo (who had the brilliant idea) also got another punishment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPnyDGOAsuA

I had a cell phone in my side jean pocket that I forgot to take out in Mesquite. Yup that things out in the sand somewhere. And yes I was livid at my own stupidity on that one.[:/]
Muff #5048

I lost the keys to a rental car at a demo once...what a PITA~!

Skydivers back in the 70's used to drop all kinds of things:ph34r:

In 1973 about tenth jump deployed and saw something pass in front of me. knew exactly what it was.

No one had mentioned that counting the shot bags after you pack was a good idea.

It missed the house I opened over.

Damn... I did not like seeing the toilet float up above the skydiver. :S I hope he tracked away!

The phrase, "Track like your life depends on it!" keeps rolling around in my head.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

I've lost three right shoes. The first were my favorite grey Keen's over Z-Hills. I was doing a head down exit with my then boyfriend. I pulled my foot in front of his face and said "I lost my shoe." He actually heard me. The second was a brand new pair of matchy orange Keen's over Davis (Jess pulled it off at exit). The third pair were my ultra cool pink Van's over The Ranch. I had just told Andy that I had lost two previous shoes. He suggested I write "return to dropzone" on my jump shoes. I lost the shoe right at the exit. On the ground, Andy couldn't believe that I had lost yet another shoe. I lost these all in the same year, 2007 and bought a pair of Keen's one half size small so that they stay on my feet.

I lost a new shoe while exiting a 182 with a tandem.

I did the same thing on an Otter tandem. Stiff legged Granny barely let me out of the plane! One shoe got pulled off squeezing out the door.:S Lost another one launching a 4 way from a Porter. Since we were in 1st place at a money meet, I just kicked it off and keep turning points.

Had a friend lose his wallet out of his back pocket when jumping in jeans, with no suit. Not very bright, if you ask me. "Hmmm, 120 mph, wallet in my back pocket, leg strap pulling up when I deploy. What could go wrong?":S

I was walking in from a 4K RW jump one day, low clouds, so we launched a donut. As I walked across the airport apron, I picked up a nice red hookknife. I said jokingly "Anyone lose a hook knife?" I looked down on my harness and saw my red hook knife was missing, most likely lost on exit, pulling off the donut. :o:D Nice spot there, Andy.B|

Had a friend lose his wallet out of his back pocket when jumping in jeans, with no suit. Not very bright, if you ask me. "Hmmm, 120 mph, wallet in my back pocket, leg strap pulling up when I deploy. What could go wrong?":S

Hey!>:(
I had just sold my old jumpsuit, and the new one hadn't arrived yet.[:/]
(Seriously, it happened to me).

I have also lost:
- altimeter
- one shoe (only two weeks old)>:(
The shoe was stripped off by the PC bridle wrapped around my foot during a premature deployment, so I was actually quite happy it came off.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

So far, probably upwards of 15 grand...B|

Pfffft...n00b! :P

This coming from the only guy on the fourms that can say that about the Wright brothers!

Give me a break, Ive only been in the sport for about 2 years, and about a year of that was deployed to Iraq...

I figure, if I get this job in Tampa, I might just have to get a credit card and hand it over to Z-hills so they can keep it on file.:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message