DigitalDave

Things you've dropped.

I lost a nice pair of Oakleys on a hop-n-pop.

Yeah. What's up with dat. I lost two Gatorz and an Oakley in one season on jumps, but I can keep a $7.00 pair of Walmart brand of fishing blue blockers for two years. :S
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Just this Friday a guy lost 2 beers. A couple of guys tried to combine a Mr. Bill with the typical tradition of having a beer or 2 under canopy during a high hop n pop on sunset load. Instead of pulling straight out the door they went to terminal. "Bill" slipped down and stripped the beers out of "Sluggo's" cargo pockets. One beer landed on the roof of the hanger (if it had been 5 ft. further out it could have possibly hit one of the people standing outside) and the other beer landed right between 2 cars parked 5 feet away from each other.

Needless to say these two got a strong talking to (they were from another DZ and didn't tell anyone what they were doing). And Sluggo (who had the brilliant idea) also got another punishment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPnyDGOAsuA

Awesome spot! As for the punishment, holy shit! That looked like it hurt like a motherfucker! B|

I don't know why, but that name, Sluggo, sounds familiar. Trying to remember if there was a poster by that name on the old rec.skydiving newsgroup, but this guy looks too young to have been on there 10 years ago...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

"your helmet just rolled out the door!"

Our 8-way point lost her helmet on exit last year. It got hooked on the flap, or something - still don't quite understand it. Anyway, when we left it didn't - it stayed stuck to the outside of the plane. While the pilot was descending it blew back in, and we later recovered it from the back of the plane after it had landed.

Years earlier, we'd been out at the hold and noticed something fluttering down to the ground a few yards away. Turned out it was the bit of paper on which the jumpmaster had been making notes on his students' exits. I think he was surprised to have that handed back to him! :)

I lost my wedding ring last season. I lost a shoe last weekend. Lost a hula hoop two years ago and lost a Pro Track six years ago. Oh, yeah, I lost a wide angle lens two weeks ago also.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Hey!>:(
I had just sold my old jumpsuit, and the new one hadn't arrived yet.[:/]
(Seriously, it happened to me).

Sorry, that totally sucks. I lock all my valuables (except Vskydiver) in the trunk when I jump, then stash the keys in my gear bag. So far, so good.

I always figure I won't need the wallet in freefall. For those of you who spot like crap, you can always take some bus money in your front pocket, but you shouldn't need the whole wallet.:P

I lost my wedding ring last season. I lost a shoe last weekend. Lost a hula hoop two years ago and lost a Pro Track six years ago. Oh, yeah, I lost a wide angle lens two weeks ago also.

Oh yeah, ProDytter, tandem riser slap to the Dytter Clip, over a nice forest.[:/]

Wedding ring? That's a no-no around airplanes. Ever see what happens when they get caught on something?:o I'm lucky that my wife told me years ago I didn't have to wear one. It made me nervous around planes, machinery, etc.

I lost my wedding ring last season.

I take mine off for jumping. A snag could mean losing it - and a finger too!

Oh yeah, the last time I wore my wedding ring on a jump, I was a floater and the floater bar was a metal "L" strip instead of a pipe. Hooked the ring on that. No gloves on. Fuck that hurt. Luckily all I got was a blood blister. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If I'm that tangled up in something, then I've got much more to worry about.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I lock all my valuables (except Vskydiver) in the trunk when I jump, then stash the keys in my gear bag. So far, so good.

Thanks for that tip.
What drop zone do you jump at?
What color is your gear bag?

Damn It....>:(

i was hoping no one else noticed that post!B|

Thanks for that tip.

Crap, now I'm gonna have to start jumping with my keys.:S:P

Really, it just keeps the casually larcenous befuddled. A good thief can always get in. JohnRich, you'd like a lot of the stuff I keep in the trunk.;)

Seriously, I've never had anything stolen from my car at any of my home DZ's. even when I've left them unlocked. Over the years I've had one altimeter and one camera battery and charger walk off. Not too bad.

Seriously, I've never had anything stolen from my car at any of my home DZ's. even when I've left them unlocked. Over the years I've had one altimeter and one camera battery and charger walk off. Not too bad.

And I know of whole gear bags leaving vehicles at various times during the season at DZs. There was even a jumper in Texas that stole a demo rig from a vendor! People are not to be trusted, take steps to protect yourself and have insurance for your stuff!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I lock all my valuables (except Vskydiver) in the trunk when I jump, then stash the keys in my gear bag. So far, so good.

Thanks for that tip.

Damn It....>:(

i was hoping no one else noticed that post!B|

OK, we can rule out the trunk;
So where does he keep V while he is jumping?:)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

About a year ago I jumped with a european guy (forgot the name) on vacation and he lost his rental car key in freefall at SDH.

He had to get the rental company to come and exchange for another car, and it was a hefty charge.

The next day they had a jumper land off by the golf course behind the club house and she walked up to the crowd and said she landed right next to someones keys. It ended being the europeans key. :o

We were speakless to say the least. It was pure luck, but he had already forked out the money for the replacement rental.B|

If you're not living on the edge; you're taking up too much room!

My Viso that was mounted to my mud flap chest mount flew apart in freefall. I looked down to see what the altitude was and all that was there was a piece of plastic!

I also lost a handkerchief off of my head once when I stuck my head out of the door to spot. Oops! :S

http://3ringnecklace.com/