Cheach

Poison Ivy

This sucks. I don't get the whole crazy blisters thing- but holy hell. I am in pain. It's all over my back and my sides and on the "ladies"- no I wasn't rolling around naked. It has no spread to my legs. I've got the calamine lotion. Done the vinegar bath thing....what else?
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

FFS, get to a doctor. In the meantime call the doc's office; and when the doc calls you back, ask whether taking an antihistamine and/or rubbing on an antihistamine cream is a good idea. I think it is, but what the hell do I know? - I'm not a physician.

Hey cheach,

Next time stay away from Poison Ivy

If you have been around it use this---->> Lye Soap

I have never had poison oak or Ivy. But whenever my parents/grandparents knew we were around it we had to use lye soap and wash all our clothing in it. Lye soap is great to have around for bug bites too. It takes the itch almost instantly.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Go to the Doc, Dose pack.

Wrong - Post pictures of the girls so we can all comiserate with you and show you lots of sympathy. We should be updated on the healing process hourly, or at least daily.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Stop scratching yourself. You are spreading it all over by scratching. It has something to do with "complement." (Something I forgot about from medical school. Karen would probably know.) But stop scratching and touching yourself afterwards. Calamine lotion will help. As will epsom salt baths.

if you haven't already... take an oral antihistamine... the rash from the poison ivy is more or less an alergic reaction... topical antihistamines can help but oral antihistamines can also help...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

You need something to break up the oil on your skin that is causing the itching/rash. It can stay on clothes, bedding, hands, etc and active for up to a year!

Try these:
Tecnu Skin Wash

Cortaid

Buji Wash

The last one came highly recommended to me by a friend that has used it several times. I keep some of the wipes in my backpack when camping/hiking.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I've been allergic all my life, and tried everything known to man, and a few things not. Domeboro astringent (OTC) seems to work best for me.

Good luck.....I know how miserable it can be.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Unfortunately, my job requires that I work in Poison Ivy, so I pretty much have it from March to October every year. I constantly get re-exposed. I pulled it with my bare hands for 40 years with no probs then one year BAM! Everywhere, even in my throat and ears! That year I became a lot more careful and aware.

Clothing- take it off as soon as you walk in the door
don't sit on the edge of your bed or any other place while you do this, the Urishiol on your clothing gets on everything else and stays there for you to reinfect yourself. By the way, I finally figured out my tennis shoe strings were the reason my fingers were constantly inflamed.

Tools- Wash them off with strong soap if you have used them in an area likely to have poison ivy

Body- Use the most astringent soap you can stand and take a HOT HOT shower from head to toe. You have to get rid of the Urishiol that may be anywhere on you.

Pets- Don't let them run in poison ivy areas, and this may be your back yard, even well manicured areas, so learn to identify it. If your pets are indoor/outdoor wash them in really astringent PEOPLE shampoo, not pet shampoo. Pet shampoos don't cut the Urishiol.

I find I get the most relief from hot water run over the blisters. If I do this for a couple of minutes a couple of times a day, no pain, and they dry out fast.
If it's bad I take an antihystimine at night before I go to bed.

The only time I ever resorted to steroids was the year that my throat and mouth were involved. To me, that seemed potentially dangerous. Otherwise, it's just a pain in the A$$

Little known fact, poison ivy seeds are one of the favorite foods of many songbirds. This is the reason I don't encourage my clients to iradicate it from their wooded areas. We can go without visiting every inch of the woods in favor of having a great variety of birds visiting us!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Thanks guys! Been trying a lot of stuff....feeling much better today

AHEM . . . photo update please!:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

lol. My mommy has filled that role. Nobody can do her job better!

A little mother on daughter bonding huh?:o
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

i disagree:P

I second the motion and will wager that her statement is false.

i disagree:P

I second the motion and will wager that her statement is false.

I demand photographic proof!

For umm you know, uhh the jury and such
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message