grimmie

The NHL playoff thread!

Go Pens!B|

OK, now that that's outta the way, who do you guys like for Lord Stanley's Cup?

The Caps look tough, but might crumble.
Canucks look solid as do the Hawks.

The team no one wants to play, Coyotes.

And if the Pens don't win it, please Hockey Gods, give a Cup to the Kings...please...;):P:S[:/]B|:ph34r::D

I would like to see a Hawks vs Habs or Hawks vs Bruins (original six) final, but that won't happen.

Teams in the East to watch? Caps and Pens ... likely no one else.
Teams in the West? Sharks, Hawks, Canucks, maybe the Wings or Coyottes?

But what do I know. My crystal ball was made in China and I am not sure if the glow coming from my Chinese made crystal ball is it's immense powers or just toxic sludge. It's probably just toxic sludge and it's causing my brain to hemorrhage.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Go Sens! B|

K, now being realistic, I would have to give Pens the edge in that one. But might go late into the series - maybe even 7.

In the East, I think top 4 make it to round 2. Pittsburgh beat Washington and Jersey beats Buffalo in the semis. Pittsburgh beats Jersey in the Conference finals.

In the West, I pick Detroit, Los Angeles, San Jose and Chicago. Detroit and San Jose make it to the Conference finals with Detroit winning.

That's right!! Get ready for Detroit/Pittsburgh v3.0 in the Stanley Cup finals!! Pittsburgh in 5.

Fuck off! hahaha. Not this year.....
I listened to the Detroit vs Chicago game online, it was a good game! I am glad that the blackhawks lost obviously, because that puts sharks at number 1 in the west.
The Coyotes and Redwings will be a fun series to watch.

I think the final match up will be Sharks and Pens, with the Sharks winning in 4. Woot Woot!!!!!!!!!!
:P:P:P

Gotta feel sorry for the Sharks fans. You just know they are going to disappoint.

Nabokov & Thornton. I think they are the keys (as they have been for several years) to the Sharks going deep. Based on past performance...they won't be up to it.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I gotta stick with the Wings. They started the season and played at least, the first half with most of their key players out with injuries. Now, they are at full strength while other teams in the play-offs are without players due to injuries. If, the Wings can get past the Coyotes, I see them going all the way to the finals. The Coyotes made some good deals in the last trading. I don't see San Jose getting past the second round. L.A. is going to be tough as well as Chicago. The Wings are really going to have to get their defense going. Their defense has been their 'Achilles heel' all season. With Franzen back, he could be their key. In the East, I see Washington going to the Finals. I don't see the Penguins re-peating. If, they can stay healthy, I like the Wings for the Cup!

Chuck

I'm all about my Kings doing good things against the Canucks - and I think it'll come down to the defensemen. Friggin Jonathan Quick has been stone cold, though - pick it up!

Oh yeah - which Luongo will show up is also important.

Go Kings!

My wife is hotter than your wife.

You are correct in asking which Luongo will show up. A great goalie can beat a good team and history is chalked full of great goalies who stood on their heads to defeat the "so called superior" team. Roberto Luongo can be streaky and Ryan Miller is probably the best goalie out there right now. But never could out someone like Martin Brodeur.

Time will tell ... let the real season begin.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

You are correct in asking which Luongo will show up. A great goalie can beat a good team and history is chalked full of great goalies who stood on their heads to defeat the "so called superior" team. Roberto Luongo can be streaky and Ryan Miller is probably the best goalie out there right now. But never could out someone like Martin Brodeur.

As a Canuck's fan, I am worried which Luongo will show up. Roberto has shown that he can be a good goalie. However, he has also proven time and time again, that he needs improvement with his consistency. Yet, the team in front of him have a great chance of getting pst the first round!

Go Canuck's Go!!

As a Canuck's fan, I am worried which Luongo will show up. Roberto has shown that he can be a good goalie. However, he has also proven time and time again, that he needs improvement with his consistency. Yet, the team in front of him have a great chance of getting pst the first round!

Go Canuck's Go!!

Well, he was good enough to win an Olympic Gold! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't shitting myself when Babs put him in the net.

I always used to think that Marc Andre-Fleury wasn't good enough to win a Stanley Cup...had to revise my thinking last spring. We'll see...
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Go Canuck's Go!!

Well, he was good enough to win an Olympic Gold! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't shitting myself when Babs put him in the net.

I always used to think that Marc Andre-Fleury wasn't good enough to win a Stanley Cup...had to revise my thinking last spring. We'll see...

Funny, I was thinking the same thing last spring as well!
I think Lou is a good goalie, not the greatest. He is by far one of the better goalies Vancouver has had over the years. However his tactic is one that sometimes worries me.

I would love to see Miika Kiprusoff in nets from Vancouver! (Yes a Canuck's fan can dream! That would piss off Calgary fans!!)

Sharks...Lose. Absolutely no sense of urgency in the last three minutes and they wound up losing to what looked to me to a more determined team. Got booed off the ice by the home fans.
--
Murray

The Coyotes have some serious grit to their game. The Sharks are playoff choke artists, but you guys already knew that. Pens/Sens game looked like a January game, not game 1, and go Avs! I hope the Kings come out handle handle the Canucks tonight.
I love this time of year!B|
My FD team won our police/fire league here in SoCal yesterday. We pummeled the LA County sheriffs.:ph34r:

Go Pens!B|

And if the Pens don't win it, please Hockey Gods, give a Cup to the Kings...please...;):P:S[:/]B|:ph34r::D

as a fairly new hockey fan... go Hawks!

Man the Wings looked like shit in the 3rd. I think it's gonna be a short playoff season for me. [:/]

Allowing 3 PP goals? That's BS! The Wings supposedly have one of the best PK's in the League and they allow that? Too many turn-overs by the Wings, sloppy passes and they left Howard out to dry. All Mike Babcock is asking of his team is 'play a full sizty minutes'! The Wings maybe, played a total of 15-minutes. They'd better pick it up or get their greens fees paid in advance.

Chuck

Go Pens!B|

The Coyotes are Bettman's 'Golden Child', this year! Last year, it was the Pens. He wants the 'Yotes in Glendale so bad it stinks. He said in an interview, in regard to the NHL owning the 'Yotes that; "It's going to look strange when I hand the Stanley Cup to ME!" He's such a jerk!

I know, it's way to early to tell but the Kings might be this year's big surprise. To predict a winner now would be like looking to the West for the sunrise. After the first round, guessing might be a bit easier.
If, the Wings fall flat, I'd like to see Ottawa. They get passed Cindy and company and stay 'healthy', We could see good things for them. Right now... too early to tell.

Chuck