madhatter

Engaged, but...

Well, you saw the roller coaster relationship thing on Facebook, now you know why things were so confusing...

So I guess my next question becomes how do I bow out gracefully? Is there really such a thing as letting someone down softly?

Yep now I can see the picture...

And as far as I know there is no way to get out gracefully / letting someone down softly.

And she deserves a direct explanation why you are cutting her loose...
Just explain that this jealousy thing is a MAJOR no no.
Don't bother with that "spolied teen" stuff I wrote.... If you do... THEN you'll be in a world of SHIT my friend...

Tough cookie to chew.. Good luck mate!!!
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Depends on what you are willing to put up with. I have a friend that is dating a bipolar guy who acts like a 12 yr old half the time, but she loves him. If you can live with all the stuff you described then go for it. I'm glad I can't see it from my house.

looks aren't what a relationship should be based on anyway.

I'm ashamed to see this.

go into the corner and THINK about what you wrote!

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I'm ashamed to see this.

You can't see her face if her boobs are big enough.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I had about 5 different images flash into my brain with that comment.:o

the first couple were pretty cool and hot :)
then the other options started to leak into my brain:D;):|[:/][:/]B|>:(B|

damn you, turtle....:P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Haven't been able to see each other this week as I've been banned from her place due to having a cold... BUT this weekend there's a scheduled talk about jealousy (again..), child discipline and other priorities. Her daughter's spending the weekend with the bio-dad, so we'll be able to have a straightforward discussion.

I'm as confused as a fart in a bubblebath sometimes, but I got some great advice via PM - follow your heart! I hope things can either be resolved (i.e. both of us compensating) or come to a head and parting of ways after this.
A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

Depends on what you are willing to put up with. I have a friend that is dating a bipolar guy who acts like a 12 yr old half the time, but she loves him. If you can live with all the stuff you described then go for it. I'm glad I can't see it from my house.

I'm a romantic at heart and have often used the quote from Sir Robert Scott - "Compromises are for relationships, not wine."
Unfortunately you have to ask yourself how much you are willing to compromise for the rest of your life....

I have married friends that are often referred to as the standard show - I must agree I don't want to live my life as part of a similar show.
D.S # 125

make her go away-fast
If you want to insure that she never speaks to you again, I can offer ideas. Let her down gently--not so good at

Hmmmm.... Do I need to PM you for those ideas? :ph34r:

Be very wary...nobody has seen or heard from any of Divot's Ex's in a VERY long time!

It's like they 'just disappeared!' :o:ph34r::P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

BUT this weekend there's a scheduled talk about jealousy (again..), child discipline and other priorities.

Plan your part of it. Decide ahead of time what you want from the discussion and from her; what's negotiable, what isn't, etc.

Then the set of stuff that she'll surprise you with is smaller, and you'll make a whole lot more progress with the discussion.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

There's a pretty good chili conversation going on in Speaker's Corner

:o:o
:ph34r:

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hmmmm.... Do I need to PM you for those ideas? :ph34r:

"I don't really want to be seen with a fat girl" was probably my most effective. "I'm gonna go beat off now. At least that way I know I'll enjoy it." was a pretty good parting line too. If it will fit, you should try "Honey, I sort of want to come clean about something but I don't want to ruin your relationship with your sister".
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Thanks for that. I've made a list of things I know she has issues with regarding me and a similar list of things I have issues with.

I wish life was as simple as we want it to be, but this is one of those time a SWOT analysis is called for.

Damn, I hate having to bow to realism rather than romanticism! [:/]

D.S # 125

Or he could try what I've used:

"Honey I had a dream list night that I fixed all my problems, that my life was wonderful & perfect.

When I woke up this morning and looked over at you all I could think was ~ What the fuck is SHE still doing here...

...so I think we need to talk." :):ph34r:;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

BUT this weekend there's a scheduled talk about jealousy (again..), child discipline and other priorities.

Sounds like that could be translated ... She's talking and telling you what she wants/will accept ... with you just doing the listening ... period.

Hhhhuuuummmm....... What was that you were saying about compromises...???...

Tell her you're Gay.

Uhm... I think it's too late to think she'd believe that :P

Tell her anyway. Video and youtube would be much appreciated.

And someone give up a link to the facebook intrigue, please.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I'm ashamed to see this.

I didn't see any pictures. Were there pictures that I missed? Where?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.