mattsplat

Face Book

A properly set up alias would be impossible for another user to track back using Facebook tools. Possibly the Facebook staff could do it using IP addresses, but even that would be difficult if the person had just the slightest clue what he was doing.

I think the only way you could possibly do it is by subterfuge. Possibly creating your own alias. Becoming "friends" with the other alias and enticing/tricking that person to meet in real life.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

A properly set up alias would be impossible for another user to track back using Facebook tools. Possibly the Facebook staff could do it using IP addresses, but even that would be difficult if the person had just the slightest clue what he was doing.

I think the only way you could possibly do it is by subterfuge. Possibly creating your own alias. Becoming "friends" with the other alias and enticing/tricking that person to meet in real life.

...and be sure, you're packin'!;)

Chuck

If someone one Face Book is not really who they say they are. How could you trace it to there real identity. Any help will would be great. Thanks

Are you implying some people use their real names???:o
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

If you're not sure that the person contacting you on facebook is who he says he is, you could contact that person through other means, like on the phone and ask if they really have a facebook profile and tried to add you as their friend.

People always want technology solutions to problems, when what works is often just common sense.

:)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

People always want technology solutions to problems, when what works is often just common sense.

Q.F.T

Rarer than Rockin Horse Shit:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?