wmw999

Which kind are you?

My extensive and detailed study of the human race ;) has identified some basic personality types. It's time for scientific research so that I can publish my paper. I can't think of a better source of random population than dropzone.com, so here's my poll :D

When it comes to trusting other people, which describes you best?

Note: These are carefully worded for extreme precision. If one (and only one) of the options doesn't describe you, there's probably something wrong with you :).

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I trust my family to come through in a pinch, I trust my friends to always back out on things or never committ in the first place, I trust strangers with my dirty laundry and ipod while backpacking, I trust my AFF instructor with my life, I trust my ex's never to talk to me again, I trust myself not at all (because everytime I give myself the benefit of the doubt I land myself in trouble!)
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

I used to trust only my family, but my sister destroyed my trust in an argument that we had. So I no longer trust her. Or hardly else for that matter. :|

I trust my rigger. And I completely trust my boyfriend. Other than that, I have had my trust in others broken time after time again, so the trust factor is really touchy for me. It takes a lot for me to trust someone. [:/]

http://3ringnecklace.com/

the last one

generally trusting but keep some reserve......

and if someone betrays that....the 'reserve' gives 'em ONE LAst Chance....

doing it again,,, and we're done.....not a total cutaway...( since sometimes we HAVE to continue to interact )
but never the same...

i like skyriders point that those who feel others are untrustworthy, are usually themselves untrustworthy...

jmy

I just chose world peace. My experience in life is to trust everyone is to get burned. So I often extend myself in small increments till the person has showed me they are completely trustworthy.
on the other hand though just because someone can't be trusted, doesn't mean you can't appreciate many of their other qualities, just means honesty and integrity isn't one of them..
:)

"Diligent observation leads to pure abstraction". Lari Pittman

Nuttin personal, But I have found people that trust no one , It is because they can not be trusted, and think everyone else must be the same![:/]

Short-sighted view and maybe applicable to youngsters just starting out in life. Just maybe not enough life experience to discover that most people are indeed untrustworthy.

You want to be trusted? You'll have to earn it.

Trust is hard to gain, easy to lose.

Look around...how many times have anyone had, heard about, read about or been told about trust being violated? If you can come up with a real number, you've led a sheltered life.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I don't trust anybody. I guess that means something is wrong with me.

Nope, In the same boat.

I used to trust people, but lessons learned. Even if people 'prove themselves to be trustworthy', I discovered it usually just means they are better at hiding things than others and are better liars.

Sometimes you can think a person is trust worthy for years, decades in many cases. Many of those cases that person has just been hiding it well..

One just needs to look at some married couples, where one side truly believes their companion is trustworthy and it eventually turns out not so much..

The kicker is that in my experience all the people that weren't worthy of being trusted would go on about how "trust is everything" and "you need to trust me".

There are people I trust more than others, but I`ll trust no one completely.

"Trust" is a very wide range. The number of people I trust with my life I can count on one hand, but I consider myself overall a pretty trusting person, it seems like lots of people take advantage of that and I get the shaft, but fuck em they weren't real friends in the end anyways.

the last one

doing it again,,, and we're done.....not a total cutaway...( since sometimes we HAVE to continue to interact )
but never the same...

i like skyriders point that those who feel others are untrustworthy, are usually themselves untrustworthy...

jmy

+1
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Why do you ask? What are you going to do with the results? Are you watching me right now?

There's a camera! I see it! I know you are there!

:)

I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I'm not sure I could use the word trust... I generally like to give people the benefit of doubt before I meet or get to know them, if trust is gained than they are golden in my book. BUT if someone betrays that trust - it's pretty much gone. I used to give alot of second chances in the past, and got burned way too many times!

So I guess the last answer would be the best answer I can give...

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

If one (and only one) of the options doesn't describe you, there's probably something wrong with you :).

Though I am unique, I disagree there is something "wrong" with me. :P

I might have chosen the first option, except for the exceptions. :) For example, I trusted the guy who strapped me to his belly and launched me out of a plane, though I did not know him prior-to and he had not proven a thing to me (it is important to note: While he had not "proven" anything, there were no red flags waving "this is not the man you want to be responsible for your life for 60 seconds".).

Later, after AFF (with two different instructors--also whom I had not know previously), I got to know my tandem guy and there is NO WAY I would have trusted him with anything--not even another tandem, though I do not doubt he would have done as fine a job.

My option would the latter but in reverse: I am generally untrusting, but keep some exposure.

:)B|:P
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

If one (and only one) of the options doesn't describe you, there's probably something wrong with you :).

Though I am unique, I disagree there is something "wrong" with me. :P

I might have chosen the first option, except for the exceptions. :) For example, I trusted the guy who strapped me to his belly and launched me out of a plane, though I did not know him prior-to and he had not proven a thing to me (it is important to note: While he had not "proven" anything, there were no red flags waving "this is not the man you want to be responsible for your life for 60 seconds".).

Later, after AFF (with two different instructors--also whom I had not know previously), I got to know my tandem guy and there is NO WAY I would have trusted him with anything--not even another tandem, though I do not doubt he would have done as fine a job.

My option would the latter but in reverse: I am generally untrusting, but keep some exposure.

:)B|:P

I do not trust ANYONE that much....:ph34r::ph34r:

That tandem stuff is crazy shit:)

I'm not sure I could use the word trust... I generally like to give people the benefit of doubt before I meet or get to know them, if trust is gained than they are golden in my book. BUT if someone betrays that trust - it's pretty much gone. I used to give alot of second chances in the past, and got burned way too many times!

So I guess the last answer would be the best answer I can give...

g

The irony is that I am the least likely to trust, but the most trustworthy--according to the friends I keep.

My best friend since Kindergarten is exactly like me, but super-social, whereas I am super-reserved. I get along great in a crowd, but I would rather be in a more intimate setting. I do not gossip. I keep secrets. I keep my word. I am the friend who does not call or write often, but the one who is called first if someone-I-call-a-friend actually needs something serious.

I am really happy with such an arrangement; it makes it easy to weed out the assholes. B|
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

but never the same...

My words exactly :)

"Ha ! I laugh at danger and drop ice cubes down the vest of fear ..." (Blackadder)

I am extremely trusting.

I trust the physical laws of the universe (gravity, centrifugal force, the sun will rise, etc.)

I trust most people will act in their own self interests.

I trust some people will act in the interests of others often.

I trust many people will act in the interests of others sometimes.

I trust some people will never act in the interests of others, but will not actively harm others.

I trust that most people will sometimes harm others to get what they want.

I trust some people will routinely harm others to get what they want.

I trust teenaged boys are going to try to have sex with my teenaged daughter.

I trust my teenaged daughter is going to do things just as stupide as I did at that age.

I trust Bolas is going to find an excuse to run around in nothing but a thong (again and again) and we love him for it.

I trust Loudiamond will delete my post if it doesn't suit his tastes.

I trust Billy Vance will tease people relentlessly because it amuses him to do so.

I trust Banesanura will debase someone soon and like it.

I trust Turtle will make something in this post sexual.

I trust the guys on this forum will try to get the girls to post pictures of their breasts, rears and whohas.

I trust someone will find a way to be offended by this post.

I trust nobody with my heart.

See? Very trusting person. :)

I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Nuttin personal, But I have found people that trust no one , It is because they can not be trusted, and think everyone else must be the same![:/]

I think that's hitting the nail on the head. Not just in this case but in a lot of other situations. People tend to project their own ethics / morals onto others. Watch out for the person who's always saying they got ripped off.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?