ridestrong

Anyone in the Ann Arbor/Detroit area???????

Going to be in Ann Arbor over the July 24th weekend and wanted to see if anyone jumps around there? And also if you'd like to meet at the dz for some jumps.

*WARNING* - you should possess skydiving skills sufficient enough to not let me kill you if we are on the same load.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

*WARNING* - you should poses skydiving skills sufficient enough to not let me kill you if we are on the same load.

Love the confidence!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Chrissy, you're missing girls weekend??? LAME!!

I know! I'm totally bummed, I had my PJ's picked out and everything! We are hoping to at least make it back for the Saturday night party since the wedding is local. But we are both in the wedding so we will see how that works out.:(

I'd love to be able to meet some people out there for some fun jumps... I'm going to be out there for a wedding (which I am a part of) and I was recently told by the bride that the only chance I will get to skydive is if it's out of the plane on the way out there from Denver.. :ph34r: Let's just say, there are more important things than Sunday brunch..;)

Do you actually fly to 14k as the website claims?

How long will it take me to get there from Ann Arbor?

I'll be there. If you promise to land in the right direction, I'll even jump with you!!

As opposed to the left direction..:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I promise to abide by all dz rules and regulations, and will be on my best behavior.

Just out of curiosity... what kind of reserves do the rental rigs have there? :)

We usually get between 13.5 and 14K. We have a pretty solid fun jumper crowd and should have organizers out that weekend so plenty of people to jump with. it takes between 20 and 40 min from Ann Arbor depending on where you are. Head south from Ann Arbor until you find US 12 (Michigan Ave) head west until Clinton and take a left (south) on Clinton-Tecumseh hwy. We are on the left. Just check in with manifest and they will get you paired up with someone to show you around.

~Ryan

Can anyone tell me if there are student helmets that I can borrow/use for free or should I pack my own? Trying to save space so I can carry on my bag and my rig. Thanks.

rhanold thanks again for the info..

I have heard some pretty good things about Tecumseh and I'm excited to jump up there and meet some new people. Just wish I had a whole day to jump, but should be able to get at least 3 or 4 in. :)

Well I got a rental car from the airport just so I have a way to get to Skydive Tecumseh first thing Sunday morning and back to the airport after a few jumps. Also decided to just bring all of my own gear so I'm pretty excited to get out there and jump with you all... and at a new dz.

What time has the first load usually been going up on Sundays this summer? I'll call on Sat too to confirm, just wondering. Also do you guys usually run back-to-back loads all day?

I know! I'm totally bummed, I had my PJ's picked out and everything! We are hoping to at least make it back for the Saturday night party since the wedding is local. But we are both in the wedding so we will see how that works out.:(

I'm just surprised ya'll even talk to people who'd get married on a summer weekend anymore. ;)

Hope you two are doing great. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I'm just surprised ya'll even talk to people who'd get married on a summer weekend anymore. ;)

Hope you two are doing great. :)

I agree, but it's my brothers wedding, so I kinda have to, lol ;)

I hope the weather cooperates on Sunday, looks like it is supposed to be descent....

Also... got to play "Whirly Ball" today for the first time ever, that's some redneck fun right there! Think I might have to open one in Denver.

Special thanks to everyone at Skydive Tecumseh: Ryan, Robyn, Jim, John, Chris, Evan, and everyone else. It was great meeting you all and getting a couple jumps in with some of you. Wish I could have stayed longer, you guys have a fun dz with great people. I was able to bring a part of ST back with me... I bought that dusty, web covered silver Z1 open face from the case. Now I have something to mount my GoPro on when I hit 200. ;)

Next time I'm back in the area I will definitely be hitting Tecumseh again.

-Josh