BeattheDrums

Do you still watch the video of your first jump?

My buddy is doing his tandem tomorrow, weather pending, and he was wondering about getting the video. He's worried that its cost to much...

I tried to tell him how cool having video evidence is. You only get one chance to do the first jump right. Anyway I know I watch mine occasionally still and was just wondering how common that is?

So if you got a video for your first jump do you still watch it? or am I just weird?

A thunder of jets in a clear blue sky, a streak of gray and a cheerful "Hi"

Ack, S/L, and video hadn't been invented.[:/]

:D I have videos of my kids' first jumps. I still watch those (mostly 'cause I'm in them.):)
Twardo's first jump was recorded on clay tablets by Egyptian scribes. ;)

I saw a demo depicted in a cave on this tour once . . .

They had it as an intro shot until they found out that he was friends with Divot.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

My buddy is doing his tandem tomorrow, weather pending, and he was wondering about getting the video. He's worried that its cost to much...

I tried to tell him how cool having video evidence is. You only get one chance to do the first jump right. Anyway I know I watch mine occasionally still and was just wondering how common that is?

So if you got a video for your first jump do you still watch it? or am I just weird?

Yup. 1st IAff. Way cool. But my stupids kids lost theirs of their tandems w/ me doing tandem chase. Still have stills of my son tho. Right in front of me. TM called him the tandem from HELL. LOL
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Video is cheap compared to getting to show your friends and family what it was like!

But after a while, they see you coming and run.... for fear they will have to watch it again!;)

I still have the video of my first jump, a tandem in June 1993 where I made a tippy-toe no-step landing. Haven't watched it in years though. We don't have a VCR anymore!!!

I keep procrastinating on buying a VHS/DVD Recorder because I'd like to get all of my videos converted, especially the successful 100+ way state records and other memorable jumps over the years...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

No, 'cuz it's on VHS collecting dust on a shelf. I really should figure out something to do with all those VHS tapes I have!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I tell tandems that the video will show them a lot of the stuff they missed during the dive. Like the expression on their face. My first was over Playa Del Carmen with a beach landing. Still remember it well, but wish I had shelled out the extra $$ to be able to actually see it again.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I still have at least 20 full VHS tapes, (5 of just bloopers over the years at Perris, put together from all the school camera staff, some funny and scarey shit)
and soemwhere in teh naighborhood of 100 Hi 8 tapes, I need to go threw and save the "special: jumps!

Like Tom Sanders Rapping his paprachute around me during 100 way base pratice (base for the 300 way record)

He Came in at the last second and joined our jump, 6 camera's, My altitude was to open last, in the center (about 2000) I filmed alll the tracking in a circle, then dump...Well, he filmed the tracking on his back...rigth as I finished my turn, and deployed, I am looking at his parachute opening, less than 10 feet away..

I had been filming crew for months, so I opened my legs and arms wide, collapsed his parahcute, and thank gawd, is slid away safely, only burning my wrist a little..

That made for a hell of a video,...(just one example)

Tell him we all said to get video.

Seeing someone in freefall next to you and having them dock on you is a good reason to get video as well.

Sometimes I fly with the tandems that refuse video just so the student can see how fun this stuff is.

Hell even the tandem master is bored if there is no video.[:/]

Hi B-T-D,
By all means "get the video!" I watch mine all the time, in my brain!! It is burned into my memory with absolute sound, color, temp. and even the smell of avgas in the cabin of Milt Nobels' Cessna 170!! <08MAY1964BV>(thats "Before Video!") All I have photo wise are a couple of grainy B&W ground shot pics. Ya' might forget other jumps but you'll "NEVER" forget yer first!! As for not getting the video, those who don't miss their only big chance!! On their way home from the DZ it'll hit 'em that they jumped out of a perfectly good airplane and since they have no proof, it's really just a "dream!"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hi B-T-D,
By all means "get the video!" I watch mine all the time, in my brain!! It is burned into my memory with absolute sound, color, temp. and even the smell of avgas in the cabin of Milt Nobels' Cessna 170!! <08MAY1964BV>(thats "Before Video!") All I have photo wise are a couple of grainy B&W ground shot pics. Ya' might forget other jumps but you'll "NEVER" forget yer first!! As for not getting the video, those who don't miss their only big chance!! On their way home from the DZ it'll hit 'em that they jumped out of a perfectly good airplane and since they have no proof, it's really just a "dream!"

Well Put bill...Good to see you...

This is Gypsy from Perris!

No, 'cuz it's on VHS collecting dust on a shelf. I really should figure out something to do with all those VHS tapes I have!

My VHS player still works just fine. What happened to yours?

Come on over an we'll watch yours. :P
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Hi B-T-D,

Come to think of it....did they have camera's when you made your first jump? tintypes?

Running>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi B-T-D,
By all means "get the video!" I watch mine all the time, in my brain!! It is burned into my memory with absolute sound, color, temp. and even the smell of avgas in the cabin of Milt Nobels' Cessna 170!! (thats "Before Video!") All I have photo wise are a couple of grainy B&W ground shot pics. Ya' might forget other jumps but you'll "NEVER" forget yer first!! As for not getting the video, those who don't miss their only big chance!! On their way home from the DZ it'll hit 'em that they jumped out of a perfectly good airplane and since they have no proof, it's really just a "dream!"

Come to think of it....did they have camera's when you made your first jump? tintypes?

Running>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Gypsy!,
:ph34r::D:D;)B| Funny thing you should mention that?? 'Remember the Kodak "Brownie!!," talk about a "Freeze Frame!" if anything moved in the slightest the pic is a total "Blur!!" Things got a little better with the "Instamatic," even shot some air-to-air (mostly air!) :D:Dwith one! The Japs spoiled it all with the motorized Nikon 35mmSLR. Blue skyz!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

On their way home from the DZ it'll hit 'em that they jumped out of a perfectly good airplane and since they have no proof, it's really just a "dream!"

I think I'm gonna tell him that and see if I can't convince him to get the video done. I do remember shaking EZ's hand on mine was freaking cool as hell!

Thanks!

Dan

A thunder of jets in a clear blue sky, a streak of gray and a cheerful "Hi"

When I have friends come out and make thier first jump I tell them that the still pictures are the best to get. A video is nice to help relive the moment but it really is a pain to have people gather around a TV and watch the video. Stills can be hung up anywhere and tell the story without ever having to hit play. I still have my first AFF VHS and have watched it a couple of times over the years but I always like looking at stills. Whatever just get them in the plane and huck them out the door!!

Didn't get one, I put the money towards my next jump instead :)
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

I have mine on VHS, I still watch it from time to time. I bought a machine that has VHS & DVD and you can record your VHS tapes onto a DVD. I don't know you, but I don't think you're wierd...yet.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"