RALFFERS

Internation Text Messaging

Does anyone know if there are any web portals I could use to send text messages from my phone internationally (to Poland)?

Verizon, & most U.S. carriers/are is on the CDMA system, while the rest of the world, or at least most of it is on GSM - and this is why my text messages aren't being sent or received, in 1 direction or the other. Verizon says that you can send texts internationally, but I think to them internationally means Canada [only] ...:S

So what is I'm looking for is a way to send texts to Poland's cell phones from my phone via a web portal & have their texts received here. Possible? With all the technology that we have, this should be beyond simple/easy...
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Have you tried using Yahoo mail - sending text SMS messages? I don't know if it will work internationally, but it is free.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Does anyone know if there are any web portals I could use to send text messages from my phone internationally (to Poland)?

Verizon, & most U.S. carriers/are is on the CDMA system, while the rest of the world, or at least most of it is on GSM - and this is why my text messages aren't being sent or received, in 1 direction or the other. Verizon says that you can send texts internationally, but I think to them internationally means Canada [only] ...:S

So what is I'm looking for is a way to send texts to Poland's cell phones from my phone via a web portal & have their texts received here. Possible? With all the technology that we have, this should be beyond simple/easy...

It doesn't matter what system you're on. You can send international texts from your Verizon phone to any other text enabled phone in the world. Just prepare to pay anywhere from $.10-$.50 per text.

What you need to verify is that you are typing the number correctly (country code, etc).

If the cellular standard mattered, then you wouldn't be able to send texts between VZW and AT&T or Sprint and T-Mobile...:S

IF all that fails, use Skype.

Another option: Many feature phones (non-smart phones just in case that's what you're carrying) have IM apps for Yahoo, AIM, MSN, etc. If your friends in Poland can do the same thing there with their devices, that is an option as well. Just make sure you have a data plan so save some money. You'll likely see better performance than international texting (which does have lag times) and you're not limited to 160 characters per message.

More info:
http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Text_Messaging/Europe/Poland.html
http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Picture_Messaging/Europe/Poland.html

Verify who your friends are using for a carrier over there.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

If you have an Android phone, black berry, or maybe even an Iphone, you can down load mobile Skype. Talk and text away for free if the other person has mobile skype also. Audio kind of sucks, but he rest of it works great:)

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Yeah, skype or yahoo are the way to go. My last time in Iraq I did a lot of texting from my pre-paid phone but it did cost about 10¢ each. Yes, I know my post is basically pointless but who cares? I felt like sharing.

So you are getting acquainted with your mail-order bride?:ph34r:

Polish Mail Order Bride? Surely you jest! :o:S

:D

Hey! >:(

IF the man wants a Pole, let him have it!:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I figured it out - it was as simple as calling Verizon & activating the international dialing feature. The Feature itself is, but international texts are obviously not, as already mentioned.

The only thing with Verizon that sucks is they charge you for receiving international texts, not just sending. :S

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

be careful txting internationally, i found out the hard way that it gets expensive much faster than you think, $300 texting bills SUCK. :(

Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.